Group 2 European Romancewith Oberammergau Passion Play European Romance 16 day tour - June 19, 2020
This fantastic tour includes four countries. You will visit Switzerland, France, Germany and the tiny country of Liechtenstein.
The Alps are the most beautiful mountains in the world! Your tour will experience the beauty of the Swiss Alps and the German Alps. The Alps are like a diamond – Marvelous, Multifaceted, Mystical, Mysterious, Magnificent and Mesmerizing!
SEE THE HIGHLIGHTS OF YOUR TOUR!
- Normandy Coast of France: You will visit the Normandy Landing Beaches of World War II and The American Cemetery.
- Mont Saint Michel. You will experience the walled castle island of Mont Saint Michel (a highlight day).
- Romantic Paris, France: We will visit Versailles (the Palace of the Kings of France), tour the Louvre, visit the Eiffel Tower, experience Notre Dame, the Paris Temple and more.
- Take a high-speed train from Strasbourg to Paris.
- Enjoy the fantastic quaint village of Zermatt, located at the base of the Matterhorn.
- You will visit Interlaken and stay in the beautiful village of Grindelwald at the base of Eiger.
- You will enjoy a fantastic day in the mountains around Grindelwald as you witness waterfalls inside a mountain, take a cog train ride and a cable car to the top of a mountain.
- You can add another pin in the map when we stop in the tiny country of Liechtenstein.
- Join Dr. S. Michael Wilcox in Munich as he prepares you for the fantastic Passion Play that only happens every ten years.
- Oberammergau and the beautiful German Alps.
- The Passion Play in the best seating.
Package Price Includes:
- Germany and the Oberammergau Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Deluxe Hotel in Munich.
- Dr. S. Michael Wilcox Guest Educator in Munich for the Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Oberammergau Passion Play Hotel.
- Priority seating in Category 1 for the Passion Play.
- All buses in Munich and Oberammergau.
- Breakfasts in Munich, Breakfast and Dinner in Oberammergau.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- All tours, entrance fees and guides in Munich and Oberammergau.
- France and Switzerland
- 1 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel near the Normandy Landing Beaches.
- 4 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel Paris.
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel Strasbourg.
- 3 Nights 3.5-Star First Class Hotel Grindelwald.
- High-Speed Train from Strasbourg to Paris.
- Cog Train Ride.
- Cable Car Ride.
- All tours, buses, guides and entrance fees.
- Guest Educator: Jeff Lawson.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- “Whisper perfect” headset receivers. You will hear everything even when you step away to take that important picture.
Package Price: $5,495*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
ESTIMATED cost of airfares in 2020:
These are estimates only (they could go up or down) and they
will not be available to purchase until 10 months before the tour. (round-trip) SLC to Munich - Paris to SLC: $1,650
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: June 19: Fly to Munich
We depart our home and travel to Munich.
Day 2: June 20: Munich
After arriving into Munich we will do a city tour of Munich including the Nymphenburg Palace, the birthplace of King Mad Ludwig. While touring we will have a lecture by Dr. S. Michael Wilcox about the Bavarian Kings. Overnight Munich.
Day 3: June 21: Munich
Today will be a full day of lectures by Dr. S. Michael Wilcox about the life of Christ and the preparation for the Passion Play.
Day 4: June 22: Munich – Oberammergau
This morning we will travel into the German Alps. Where we plan, if possible, to visit Neuschwanstein Castle, which was the inspiration for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle. Then we will go to Oberammergau where you will be able to have some free time to explore this quaint village. Later this afternoon we will check into our 4-star deluxe Passion Play hotel. NOTE: Our Passion Play Hotels are in the Oberammergau area. They can be in the Oberammergau Village or other villages nearby. For those staying in the villages close by, from what we have been told, they will be running shuttle buses from the different villages to the Oberammergau Village and back.
Day 5: June 23: Oberammergau
This morning you can take one of the shuttle buses into Oberammergau. This afternoon will be the first half of the Passion Play. Then there will be a break for dinner, which is included. After, we will return to the second half of the Passion Play. Late this evening you will return back to your hotel.
Day 6: June 24: Oberammergau – Lichtenstein – Grindelwald
This morning we will drive through the German Alps to the tiny country of Lichtenstein. Then we will visit Lucerne. Later we will head deep into the Swiss Alps to the quaint village of Grindelwald.
Day 7: June 25: Grindelwald
Today is a big highlight day!! We will drive into a beautiful glacier-cut valley where you will see jaw-dropping rock formations and waterfalls. A little bit further, in this same valley, you visit the Trümmelbachfälle, a series of ten waterfalls “inside” the mountain!! It is truly one of the natural wonders of the world. Then we will drive to the Lauterbrunnen train station where we take a cogwheel train to Kleine Schediegg. You will enjoy the majestic wide-screen panorama of the Jungfrau Group from your train ride. Overnight Grindelwald.
Day 8: June 26: Grindelwald – Zermatt – Grindelwald
We will depart our hotel early morning to the train station that will take us to Zermatt. The train will take us through Switzerland’s beautiful Alps. On arrival, we will have free time to enjoy this picturesque town and the Matterhorn. There will also be an additional option at an extra cost for those who want to take the cog-wheel mountain train up to the Gornergrat at over 10,000 ft! From there you have the opportunity to see the highest mountains of your trip, including a majestic view of the Matterhorn. After our visit to Zermatt, we will take the train back to Grindelwald.
Day 9: June 27: Grindelwald – Bern- Strasbourg
This morning we will travel to Bern where we will do a city tour of the old town. Then we will drive to the stunning walled village of Riquewihir, which hasn’t changed in hundreds of years. Later we will continue to Strasbourg, France to overnight.
Day 10: June 28: Strasbourg
We will have a half-day walking tour, with a free afternoon to explore this charming French-town. Definitely one of the highlights of the entire tour!
Day 11: June 29: Strasbourg – Paris
This morning we will travel by high-speed train to Paris. Upon arrival, we will do a city tour. Overnight in Paris.
Day 12: June 30: Paris
Today will be a full-day tour of Paris. On our tour of Paris, we will visit the Louvre Museum and its Mona Lisa, tour Notre Dame Cathedral, visit the Eiffel Tower and have time to explore a little on your own. We overnight again in Paris.
Day 13: July 1: Paris – Normandy
This will be another highlight day. We will drive to the Normandy Beaches. The tour will include the World War II Normandy Landing Beaches and The American Cemetery. We then drive to Caen near the Normandy Beaches, where we will overnight.
Day 14: July 2: Mont Saint Michel
Today we travel to the majestic island of Mont Saint Michel. This castle, which looks like a walled city, is located on an island just off the coast of France. It was built approx. 700 years ago and today it looks and feels the same. Later this afternoon we will drive back to our hotel.
Day 15: July 3: Paris
This morning we will drive to Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace. Later we will visit the Paris Temple before headed back to Paris.
Day 16: July 4: Fly home
This morning we will head to the airport for your flight back to the US and home. You will arrive home on the same day.