Group 3 European Romancewith Oberammergau Passion Play European Romance 16 day tour - July 24, 2020
This fantastic tour includes four countries. You will visit Switzerland, France, Germany and the tiny country of Liechtenstein.
The Alps are the most beautiful mountains in the world! Your tour will experience the beauty of the Swiss Alps and the German Alps. The Alps are like a diamond – Marvelous, Multifaceted, Mystical, Mysterious, Magnificent and Mesmerizing!
SEE THE HIGHLIGHTS OF YOUR TOUR!
- Normandy Coast of France: You will visit the Normandy Landing Beaches of World War II and The American Cemetery.
- Mont Saint Michel. You will experience the walled castle island of Mont Saint Michel (a highlight day).
- Romantic Paris, France: We will visit Versailles (the Palace of the Kings of France), tour the Louvre, visit the Eiffel Tower, experience Notre Dame, the Paris Temple and more.
- Take a high-speed train from Switzerland to Paris.
- Enjoy the fantastic quaint village of Zermatt, located at the base of the Matterhorn.
- You will visit Interlaken and stay in the beautiful village of Grindelwald at the base of Eiger.
- You will enjoy a fantastic day in the mountains around Grindelwald as you witness waterfalls inside a mountain, take a cog train ride and a cable car to the top of a mountain.
- You can add another pin in the map when we stop in the tiny country of Liechtenstein.
- Join Dr. S. Michael Wilcox in Munich as he prepares you for the fantastic Passion Play that only happens every ten years.
- Oberammergau and the beautiful German Alps.
- The Passion Play in the best seating.
Package Price Includes:
- Germany and the Oberammergau Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Deluxe Hotel in Munich.
- Dr. S. Michael Wilcox Guest Educator in Munich for the Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Oberammergau Passion Play Hotel.
- Priority seating in Category 1 for the Passion Play.
- All buses in Munich and Oberammergau.
- Breakfasts in Munich, Breakfast and Dinner in Oberammergau.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- All tours, entrance fees and guides in Munich and Oberammergau.
- France and Switzerland
- 1 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel near the Normandy Landing Beaches.
- 4 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel Paris.
- 2 Nights 3.5-Star First Class Hotel Zermatt.
- 2 Nights 3.5-Star First Class Hotel Grindelwald.
- 1 Night 3.5-Star Deluxe Hotel Bern, Switzerland.
- High-Speed Train from Switzerland to Paris.
- Cog Train Ride.
- Cable Car Ride.
- All tours, buses, guides and entrance fees.
- Guest Educator: Jeff Lawson.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- “Whisper perfect” headset receivers. You will hear everything even when you step away to take that important picture.
Package Price: $5,495*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
ESTIMATED cost of airfares in 2020:
These are estimates only (they could go up or down) and they
will not be available to purchase until 10 months before the tour. (round-trip) SLC to Munich - Paris to SLC: $1,650
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: July 24: Fly to Munich
We depart our home and travel to Munich.
Day 2 & 3: July 25 & 26: Munich
Today and tomorrow we will tour Munich and will also have lectures from Dr. S. Michael Wilcox on the Life of Christ and the Passion Play.
Day 4: July 27: Munich – Oberammergau
This morning we will travel into the German Alps and enjoy the beautiful scenery and do some touring before checking into our 4-star deluxe Passion Play hotel.
Day 5: July 28: Oberammergau
This morning we will tour the Oberammergau area. This afternoon will be the first half of the Passion Play. Then there will be a break for dinner, which is included. After, we will return to the second half of the Passion Play. Late this evening you will return back to your hotel.
Day 6: July 29: Oberammergau – Lichtenstein – Grindelwald
This morning we will drive through the German Alps to the tiny country of Lichtenstein. Then we will visit Rapperswil, where we will take a boat ride on Lake Zurich to a community called Wadenswil. Then we will head deep into the Swiss Alps to the quaint village of Grindelwald.
Day 7: July 30: Grindelwald
Our first stop is in Lauterbrunnen, where you will see rock formations and waterfalls. A little bit further, in this same valley, you visit the Trümmelbachfälle, a series of ten waterfalls “inside” the mountain. It is one of the Wonders of the World and even after seeing them, you will still not believe it. Just after this comes the next highlight. We take the cogwheel train to Wengen and take a stroll in this charming mountain resort. In January the longest downhill race, the “Lauberhorn” takes place on these slopes. The views here are unforgettable! You will enjoy the majestic wide-screen panoramic view of the Jungfrau Group during your train ride. Overnight Grindelwald.
Day 8: July 31: Grindelwald – Zermatt
This morning we will drive to the beautiful village of Interlaken. After a stop to explore we will travel through the stunning Alps stopping at several charming villages on our way to Zermatt, where we will spend the next two nights.
Day 9: August 1: Zermatt
The day starts after breakfast with a leisurely stroll through this grand resort; you will see the large church and visit the separate mountain climbers cemetery. Here you see the graves of those who perished while practicing their favorite sport. Stop at the memorial to those who climbed the Matterhorn for the first time and learn how they did it. Also, see the old village with its cozy wooden houses. Then we take the cogwheel mountain train which brings us high up to the Gornergrat at over 10,000 ft! Here you see the highest mountains of your trip, including the majestic Matterhorn. We will return by cog-wheel train. The rest of the day you can relax and shop the fantastic resort of Zermatt. Overnight Zermatt.
Day 10: August 2: Bern
Today we will visit Chillon Castle on our way to Bern. We will be doing a city tour of the old town of Bern. Tonight we will overnight in Bern.
Day 11: August 3: Switzerland – Paris
This morning early we will drive to Lausanne where we will travel by high-speed train that will travel at 200 plus miles per hour to Paris. We will overnight in Paris.
Day 12: August 4: Paris – Mont Saint Michel
This will be another highlight day. We will drive to the Normandy Beaches. The tour will include the World War II Normandy Landing Beaches and The American Cemetery. We then drive to Caen near the Normandy Beaches, where we will overnight.
Day 13: August 5: Normandy – Paris
Today we travel down the coast of France to the majestic island of Mont Saint Michel. This castle, which looks like a walled city, is located on an island just off the coast of France. It was built approx. 700 years ago and today it looks and feels the same. Later this afternoon we will drive to Paris.
Day 14: August 6: Paris
This morning we will drive to Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace. Later we will visit the Paris Temple before headed back to Paris.
Day 15: August 7: Paris
Today will be a full day tour of Paris. On our tour of Paris, we will visit the Louvre Museum and its Mona Lisa, tour Notre Dame Cathedral, visit the Eiffel Tower and have time to explore a little on your own. We overnight again in Paris.
Day 16: August 8: Fly home
This morning we will head to the airport for your flight back to the US and home. You will arrive home the same day.
Rome Temple Pre Tour Price $484
July 22: Fly to Rome
We depart our home and travel to Rome.
July 23: Rome
This morning after arriving into Rome we will visit a separate country, Vatican City. We will visit St. Peter’s Basilica (the largest church in the world), St. Peter’s Square, the Vatican Museum, and the Sistine Chapel.
July 24: Rome
This morning we will visit the Rome Temple, where you will have time to do a session. This afternoon we will visit the magnificent Coliseum and the Trevi Fountain, which has been made famous by many movies including “Three Coins in a Fountain” before heading to our deluxe hotel.
July 25: Rome – Munich
This morning we will fly to Munich to meet the regular group