Group 3 Switzerland Tourwith Oberammergau Passion Play 10 day tour - August 14, 2020
The majority of our Passion Play Tours are 15 to 17 days long. Our history has shown us that it is the optimal number of days our passengers prefer to travel however. We considered many different short tours that we could do around Munich and Oberammergau, but decided only Switzerland could deliver a fantastic tour in only 10 days. This short tour will experience the staggering beauty of the Swiss Alps. The Swiss Alps are the most beautiful mountains in the world! The Alps are like a diamond … Marvelous, Multifaceted, Mystical, Mysterious, Magnificent and Mesmerizing.
We have designed a fantastic tour that will let you experience the Best of the Best in Switzerland.
Here are just a few highlights:
- The ancient Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva.
- The wonderful quaint village of Zermatt, located at the base of the majestic Matterhorn.
- Drive through and over impressive mountain passes.
- Stay at the base of the Eiger Mountain in the quaint village of Grindelwald.
- Take a cable car to the top of a mountain, then take a leisurely stroll across the top of the mountain looking into valleys on both sides and then looking up to view the massive mountains, the Eiger, the Mönch and the Jungfrau – all are well over 13,000 feet. This will be a highlight you will never forget.
- Witness large waterfalls inside a mountain.
- Visit the valley of the thousand waterfalls.
- Add to all this, a visit to the tiny country of Lichtenstein.
This short tour is packed with incredible experiences, especially when you consider it is combined with Munich, Oberammergau and the Passion Play.
Half of your time will be spent in Munich and Oberammergau and the other half of your time will be spent in Switzerland. This is a 10-day tour compared to our longer 15 to 17-day tours. With the exception of Munich and Oberammergau, there is not much time for an educator to teach. You will have our tour managers with you throughout the tour. Your educator for the Passion Play is Dr. S. Michael Wilcox in Munich and Oberammergau. There are few long drives where we have decided to have him record his educational talks on Switzerland that will be played on the bus during these drives.
Package Price Includes:
- Germany and the Oberammergau Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Deluxe Hotel in Munich.
- Dr. S. Michael Wilcox Guest Educator in Munich for the Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Oberammergau Passion Play Hotel.
- Priority seating in Category 1 for the Passion Play.
- All transfers and buses in Munich and Oberammergau.
- Breakfasts in Munich, Breakfast and Dinner in Oberammergau.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- All tours, entrance fees and guides in Munich and Oberammergau.
- 1 night 3.5-Star Deluxe Hotel Zurich.
- 1 night 3.5-Star First Class Hotel Zermatt (Matterhorn).
- 2 nights 3.5 Star Frist Class Hotel Grindelwald.
- All transfers to and from hotels and airports.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- Cog train ride.
- Cable car ride.
- All buses guides, tours and entrance fees throughout the tour.
- “Whisper perfect” headset receivers. You will hear everything even when you step away to take that important picture.
Package Price: $3,995*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
ESTIMATED cost of airfares in 2020:
these are estimates only (they could go up or down) they
will not be available to purchase until 10 months before tour. (round-trip) SLC to Munich - Zurich to SLC: $1,650
The itinerary below is subject to change as needed at any time to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: August 14: Fly to Munich
We depart our home and travel to Munich.
Day 2 & 3: August 15 & 16: Munich
Today and tomorrow we will tour Munich and will also have lectures from Dr. S. Michael Wilcox on the Life of Christ and the Passion Play.
Day 4: August 17: Munich – Oberammergau
This morning we will travel into the German Alps and enjoy the beautiful scenery and do some touring before checking into our 4-star deluxe Passion Play hotel.
Day 5: August 18: Oberammergau
This morning we will tour the Oberammergau area. This afternoon will be the first half of the Passion Play. Then there will be a break for dinner, which is included. After, we will return to the second half of the Passion Play. Late this evening you will return back to your hotel.
Day 6: August 19: Oberammergau – Lichtenstein – Grindelwald
This morning we will drive through the German Alps to the tiny country of Lichtenstein. Then we will visit Rapperswil, where we will take a boat ride on Lake Zurich to a community called Wadenswil. Then we will head deep into the Swiss Alps to the quaint village of Grindelwald.
Day 7: August 20: Grindelwald
Our first stop is in Lauterbrunnen, where you will see rock formations and waterfalls. A little bit further, in this same valley, you visit the Trümmelbachfälle, a series of ten waterfalls “inside” the mountain. It is one of the wonders of the world and even after seeing them, you will still not believe it. Just after this, comes the next highlight. We take the cogwheel train to Wengen and take a stroll in this charming mountain resort. In January the longest downhill race, the “Lauberhorn” takes place on these slopes. The views will remain in your memory in the drawer of the “unforgettables”. You will enjoy the majestic wide-screen panorama view of the Jungfrau Group during your train ride. Overnight Grindelwald.
Day 8: August 21: Grindelwald – Zermatt
This morning we will cross over the mountain to Zermatt where you will have time to explore the base of the Matterhorn. We will overnight.
Day 9: August 22: Zermatt – Zurich
Midmorning we will leave the Matterhorn and head to the Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva. After the tour of this special castle, we will continue onto Bern. We will do a city tour before heading to our hotel near the Zurich airport.
Day 10: August 23: Fly home
Drive to the airport for our flight home.