Scandinavia & Russia“Norway in a Nutshell”® option 18 day cruise/tour - July 22, 2020
The Best Scandinavian Cruise & Tour Ever!
Package Price Includes:
- 13-night cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Jewel of the Seas.
- Includes inside cabin.
- $380 in port charges.
- $212.45 in cruise taxes.
- $175 Airfare between Oslo, Norway and Stockholm, Sweden.
- All land taxes.
- All booking fees and ticketing fees.
- Hotels can really make a difference when traveling in Europe. Even cheap hotels are expensive in the Scandinavian countries. We have been able to arrange a quality hotel at a fraction of what you would have to pay on your own:
- 3 nights luxury hotel in Oslo.
- A city tour of Oslo including guides, buses, entrance fees, etc.
- Transfer from airport to hotel in Oslo.
- Transfer from hotel to airport in Oslo.
- Transfer from airport to cruise ship in Stockholm.
- Transfer from cruise ship to airport in Copenhagen.
- Private group get-togethers on the ship.
- Fun For Less Tours staff throughout the cruise, tour and shore excursions – “We don’t send you, we take you.”
- Educational lectures on the ship from our special guest educator: Jack Marshall.
- Individual headset receivers that allow you to hear every word spoken by our guides, staff and educator, even when you step away from the group to take that important picture.
- Not included in our package price is the option to purchase our discounted shore excursions and the optional “Norway in a Nutshell”®.
Package Price: $3,795*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include shore excursions, “Norway in a Nutshell”® option, airfare and tips.
International airfare pricing to be announced soon.
You can also purchase your own airfare or contact our office for quotes from other cities.
“Norway in a Nutshell”® OPTION INCLUDES:
- The Bergen Railway.
The Bergen Railway is a unique experience on Northern Europe’s highest-altitude railway line. One of the greatest challenges is the harsh and changeable weather. The line is exposed to deep low-pressure centers from the west, which can mean strong winds and heavy snow for part of the year. Keeping the railway open demands great effort and technical expertise. Today, skilled workers, effective equipment, tunnels and snow tunnels make the Bergen Railway one of the safest and most comfortable ways of traveling between Oslo and Bergen. The line was voted one of the 20 best railway experiences in the world in 1999.
- The Flam Railway
The journey on the Flam Railway is regarded as one of the highlights of the “Norway in a Nutshell”® tour. The 20-km-long train journey from the mountain station of Myrdal down to Flam, down beside the fjord, takes around 55 minutes. On the journey, you have views of some of the most magnificent mountain scenery in Norway with an ever-changing panorama of tall mountains and cascading waterfalls. The train moves slowly or stops at the best views.
- Splendid Norwegian Fjords – on UNESCO’s World Heritage List!
Down at the picturesque village of Flam, there is time to eat and to wander around before continuing your journey by boat. The boat sails out the Aurlandsfjord and into the Naeroyfjord, one of the narrowest fjord in Europe. The Naeroyfjord is included on UNESCO’s famous World Heritage List. Surrounded by towering mountains up to 1,800 meters high, this branch of the Sognefjord is amazingly beautiful. On the journey, you have excellent views of small traditional farms.
- Stalheimskleiva The journey continues by coach up the steep and spectacular hairpin bends of Stalheimskleiva*. The road up to Stalheim Hotel has 13 steep bends. After enjoying the wonderful views of the Stalheimsfossen and Sivlefossen waterfalls, we continue the journey back to Oslo.
Day 1: July 22: Fly from the U.S. to Oslo, Norway
Day 2: July 23: Oslo, Norway
After our arrival into Oslo, Norway we will transfer to our hotel.
Day 7: July 28: Helsinki, Finland
Our optional shore excursion will visit the Finnish countryside and the charming old wooden town of Porvoo. From the red warehouses nestled on the riverbanks to the delightful old town, you’ll discover a tranquil village. Porvoo retains its town plan from the Middle Ages, with small wooden houses, picturesque gardens and narrow streets. We will return in the afternoon for a tour of Helsinki before returning to our ship.