Rocky Mountaineer TrainSee the beauty of the Rockies on The Mountaineer Train! 14 day train tour - June 3, 2018
VOTED 7 YEARS IN A ROW “THE BEST TRAIN TRIP IN THE WORLD”
It has gigantic windows and business class seating but does not have an all glass domed roof. Your 5-star restaurant meals will be served at your seat. You do not have a vestibule where you can go outside. Those traveling in SilverLeaf Service stay in 3 & 4 Star Hotels. We reserved a full train car of SilverLeaf Service.The GoldLeaf Service Car (First Class) has two levels:
Take a look at some of the hotels you will be staying in:
- The World Famous – 5 star Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Located in the heart of Banff National Park. The Banff Springs Hotel stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff, Canada’s “Castle” in the Rockies. It has been providing legendary hospitality to guests for more than 125 years. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The World Famous – 5 star Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel. It is surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake. It was built over 100 years ago and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The World Famous – 5 star Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel. Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain is Whistler’s landmark hotel and golf. Combining classic elegance and a modern alpine setting.
- The 5 star Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. The Four Seasons hotel chain is one of the top hotel chains in the world. The Four Seasons Hotel’s exceeds the standards used to rate 5-star luxury hotels.
- The 5 star Oak Bay Beach Resort Victoria, B.C. on Vancouver Island. Winner of several “Travelers Choice Awards” for 2015 – Luxury Hotels in Canada #4 – Top Hotels in Canada #9 – Romantic Hotels in Canada #20 – every bedroom has a fireplace!
This is your one chance to stay in the lap of luxury. This fantastic tour includes hotels that are next to impossible to get in to. We have great pricing for the Fairmont and Four Seasons hotels. To understand the value here are a couple of comparisons.
- Fairmont Banff Springs with a dinner and two breakfasts and tax like we have have included in our package – the same dates in June in 2017 would easily cost over $800 PER NIGHT and you have two nights in our package.
- Fairmont Lake Louise with a dinner and breakfast and tax we have included in our package would be over $1,000 PER NIGHT!
It really is a fantastic package at an inexpensive price when you consider all that you get in the package! You owe it to yourself to live like Royalty once in your life. Don’t pass up this chance!
The train does not include any meals at the hotels in Vancouver, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper and Whistler. The most expensive meals are those at the Luxury 5 Star Fairmont Hotels. You can buy meals from the train in advance for the Banff & Lake Louise Hotels. Breakfasts run about $40 per person, Dinners are a little over $100 per person. We were able to work out a deal that included some of those meals in your package. We felt it would be a fun experience to eat in the Banff Fairmont Castle and the beautiful Lake Louise Fairmont. The meals on the Train and at the Fairmont hotels INCLUDE Tax and Tip! Below are the meals that have been included in your package:
- Vancouver Four Seasons: Breakfast will be on the train.
- Train to Kamloops: Lunch is included on the train.
- Kamloops: Breakfast will be on the train.
- Lake Louise Fairmont: Dinner is included: Value – over $100 per person.
- Lake Louise Fairmont: Breakfast is included: Value – over $40 per person.
- Banff Fairmont: ONE dinner is included: Value – over $90 per person.
- Banff Fairmont: Two Breakfasts are included: Value – over $70 per person.
- Quesnell: Two Breakfasts are included.
- Victoria Oak Bay Beach Resort: Two Breakfasts are included.
All other meals are not included. With the exchange of the dollar compared to the Canadian dollar and with many inexpensive places near by the hotels to eat, your other meals will often be less than you spend at home eating out. It’s just the Fairmont Hotels that are on another planet.
The Big Differences between the Train's Program and Our Program
- We have additional days, additional hotel nights, Vancouver Island, additional touring, two ferry rides, Fun For Less Tours Staff, Guest Educator Dr. S. Michael Wilcox and so much more. Vancouver Island and two ferry rides, along with Barkerville Gold Mine Town that is not included on the Rocky Mountaineer Train program.
- We are less money for a lot more! How were we able to arrange everything for less money and add so many extras? We paid a huge amount up front (that is non-refundable) to lock in our prices now for 2018 AND we agreed to buy full rail cars! No one else would be this crazy, then again, no one else has our pricing! We have a limit to the number of seats we can sell. This is one special train trip you do not want to miss! We really do have the best itinerary and tour at the BEST Price!
We really do have the best itinerary and tour for LESS!
Package Price Includes:
Our Program Package Price (using SilverLeaf Train Car):
- Rocky Mountaineer Train Vancouver to Banff in our chartered SilverLeaf Train Car. The GoldLeaf and SilverLeaf are together in the same 5-star hotels and doing the same tours throughout the trip. The only difference is the class of service on the train and GoldLeaf passengers pay for upgraded rooms in the Oak BayBeach Resort in Victoria.
- The SilverLeaf Train includes:
- Single Level rail car with large windows (but not a domed glass roof).
- Hot gourmet meals served at your seat.
- First class hotels in Kamloops.
- Transfers and luggage handling in Kamloops.
- The following is also included in the package price:
- 2 nights 5 Star Luxury Oak Bay Beach Resort Hotel Victoria – standard room with city view.
- Puget Sound and driving up the Olympic Peninsula, WA.
- Ferry transfer Port Angeles, WA to Victoria, Vancouver Island.
- 2 days of touring Vancouver Island.
- Tours include Victoria and Butchart Gardens.
- 1 night luxury Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.
- Transfer to Rocky Mountaineer Train.
- 2 nights luxury Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
- 2 luxury breakfasts & 1 luxury dinner.
- All tours in Banff Springs, Lake Louise, Ice Fields, Jasper & Whistler.
- 1-night luxury Fairmont Château Lake Louise Hotel.
- 1 luxury breakfast & 1 luxury dinner.
- 2 nights first class hotel (IN TOWN) Jasper.
- Bus from Jasper to Quesnel.
- 2-nights deluxe hotel Quesnel.
- Full day tour to Barkerville “Gold Rush” town.
- Bus from Quesnel to Whistler.
- 2 nights luxury Fairmont Château Whistler Hotel.
- All train, hotel and tour taxes.
- Bus from Whistler to Vancouver airport.
- All meals as discussed on page 11.
- Dr. S. Michael Wilcox as guest educator.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff throughout.
- Whisper perfect headset receivers – you hear everything, even when you step away to take that important picture.
- Airfare is not included in the Package Price: Airfare will not be expensive. Best guess at this time – approx. $400 to $500. NOT $1,700 like most of our tours out of country!
Package Price: $6,595*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare, tips, optional GoldLeaf package and most meals.
- Rocky Mountaineer Train in our GoldLeaf Chartered Train Car.
- Two Level Train Car.
- Top Level includes the best viewing possible with a completely domed glass roof.
- Bottom Level includes a luxury restaurant where you will dine.
- Bottom Level also has a vestibule or balcony area where you can go outside for better picture taking and fresh air.
- Price includes upgrading your hotel room at the Oak Bay Beach Resort Hotel Victoria. Your room will either be a standard Room facing the ocean or a Boutique Suite with a city view.
Day 1: June 3: Fly to Vancouver
Today you will fly from your home to Vancouver. Upon arrival we will transfer to our hotel the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.
Day 2: June 4: Luxury Train to Kamloops
Early this morning we will head to the train station to board our luxury train cars with extra large glass windows or glass ceilings. We will spend the day enjoying fantastic settings as we travel to Kamloops to overnight. (Today breakfast and lunch is included on the train today.)
Day 3: June 5: Luxury train to Lake Louise
This morning we will re-board our Luxury Train and continue on from Kamloops to Lake Louise. You will witness some of the most jaw dropping scenery anywhere in the world as your train passes into the majestic Rocky Mountains. Upon arrival to Lake Louise we will transfer to our hotel. We are staying at the wonderful 5 Star Luxury Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel, a Unesco World Heritage site. (Today breakfast, lunch and dinner is included.)
Day 4: June 6: Lake Louise – Banff
Today we will have a tour of Lake Louise area. After our tour of this beautiful area we will then drive to Banff where we will overnight at the famous Banff Springs 5 Star Luxury Fairmont Hotel. (Today breakfast is included. You will have 1 dinner in your Banff hotel included and the other night will be on your own account. You can choose which night you use this dinner.)
Day 5: June 7: Banff
Today is a full day tour of Banff including a Gondola Ride. The tours throughout the Canadian Rockies were bought from the train company. Whatever important sites they include we will be visiting. You will again overnight in the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. (Today breakfast is included and you can choose when you want to use your 1 dinner in Banff.)
Day 6: June 8: Banff – Ice Fields – Jasper
Today will be a full day tour as we head to Jasper. No tour of this area would be complete without a stop at the famous Ice Fields. We will spend the day touring and traveling to Jasper. You will overnight in the middle of town, where everything is within easy walking distance. (Today breakfast is included.)
Day 7: June 9: Jasper
Today we will enjoy a ½ day tour of Jasper. You will then have the afternoon as free time to walk around and explore or simply relax. We will overnight in Jasper. (No meals included today. But there are numerous restaurants in or around the hotel.)
Day 8: June 10: Jasper – Quesnel
This morning we will travel deep into the famous Gold Rush area. We will travel by bus, stopping at special sites to take pictures. We will overnight in Quesnel about ½ of the way to Whistler. (No meals included today.)
Day 9: June 11: Quesnel – Caribou Mountains
Today we will travel to a wonderful old gold mining town Barkerville that has been restored to what it was like in the 1800’s. It is a little like Plymouth Plantation or Williamsburg, with old buildings and actors in costumes from the 1800’s. It will not only be educational; it will be a lot of fun. We then return to Quesnel where we overnight again. (Today breakfast is included.)
Day 10: June 12: Quesnel – Whistler
We will finish our drive from Quesnel to Whistler. Tonight you will overnight in the World Famous 5 Star Luxury Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel. (Today breakfast is included.)
Day 11: June 13: Whistler
Today will be a free day where you will have a chance to relax and enjoy the beautiful hotel and its surrounding areas. (No meals included today.)
Day 12: June 14: Whistler – Vancouver Island
Today we will travel several hours to the ferry terminal. We will take the ferry over to Vancouver Island. We will then travel down the coast to experience the beauty this island holds. We will then overnight at the 5 Star Luxury Oak Bay Resort Hotel in Victoria. (No meals included today.)
Day 13: June 15: Victoria
Full day tour of Victoria area that will include the Butchart Gardens and the Royal BC Museum in Victoria. Overnight Oak Bay Resort Hotel. (Today breakfast is included.)
Day 14: June 16: Victoria – Seattle – Home
Today you will take the ferry to Washington and transfer to the Seattle Airport to take an evening flight home. (Today breakfast is included.)