Majestic Canadian Rockies TrainSee the beauty of the Rockies on The Mountaineer Train! Voted 7 years in a row "The BEST Train Trip in the World" 15 day train tour - August 31, 2021
This trip is so phenomenal we should rename it The Ultimate Majestic Canadian Rockies Train Tour. The train travels for two full days during daylight hours from Vancouver to Banff through the Majestic Canadian Rockies. The rest of our specially designed tour is not offered by anyone else. We travel by bus and are staying in the very hard to get luxurious Fairmont Hotels. The Rocky Mountaineer Train has been voted many times – “The Best Train Trip in the World”!
We wanted the best for our passengers, so all of our passengers will be traveling in “The Best Train Trip in the World” Luxury First Class GoldLeaf Train Cars! They offer two classes of service, SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf. The SilverLeaf Train Cars have large windows but not domed windows, they serve the meals at your seat and do not include the top luxury hotels. Not what we wanted for our passengers. All of our passengers will be traveling in the GoldLeaf Train Cars! The Luxury GoldLeaf Train Cars are two levels or two stories, with an elevator. The upper area is the luxury “first-class” seating area with a completely domed glass roof, creating unobstructed views from every seat. On the bottom level of each GoldLeaf car is a 5-star restaurant only open to those in that GoldLeaf Car. All meals on the train are included. In the GoldLeaf cars, you will indulge your senses with gourmet meals prepared by Executive Chefs. Also, on the bottom floor of every GoldLeaf Car is an exclusive outdoor viewing platform. Throughout the two days of travel by train, you can step outside onto your outdoor viewing platform to enjoy the fresh air or to take that perfect picture. The BEST part of traveling in the Luxury GoldLeaf program is that you qualify to stay in the BEST luxury hotels in Canada – the Luxury Fairmont Hotels.
Why we have not offered this special tour for the last couple of years!
Getting the hotels we want for our passengers has become almost impossible. The Rocky Mountaineer Train Company, with an upwards of 900 passengers a day arriving into the different cities, have overwhelmed hotels in many of the cities they visit. Rocky Mountaineer Train Company controls most of the group contracts with many of the hotels in the area. Their volume of passengers has been so high that it has become impossible to fill the large volume of requests for the Luxury Fairmont Hotels. GoldLevel Passengers will maybe get two Fairmonts and then have to settle for lesser quality or different 5-Star hotels in the area. At one point, they asked if our groups would be willing to stay in 5-Star constructed tents in an area or two. They just had more travelers than they could grant their wishes when it came to hotels.
We finally gave up after weeks and weeks of trying different dates seeing if we could get all the hotels we wanted. When they could no longer grant our requests for the Fairmonts we wanted, we stopped traveling with them. We just stopped taking groups. If we couldn’t have what we wanted for our passengers, we weren’t interested. After more than two years of no bookings from us, they took notice and sent someone to talk to us about coming back and booking again. We told them we would come in 2021, but only if they could give us what we wanted, otherwise we have enough going on all over the world, we didn’t need them. They said they would go to work on getting us what we wanted. 6 months later, they returned with exactly what we needed, including all the hotels we insisted on at a perfect time of year. We have it all for 2021, but we do not know about future years. If you ever wanted to experience the Rocky Mountaineer Train through the Rockies, book now, 2021 is for sure, the future is an unknown.
There is no other program that can compare to the program we have worked out with The Rocky Mountaineer Train Company. We have evaluated everything there is to see and experience and combined that with the “World’s Best Train Experience.” We start in Seattle, spending time sailing & whale watching around the stunningly beautiful San Juan Islands. The ship you see on page 5 holds over 150 passengers. We paid extra and chartered the whole ship for our whale watching. We will have only our 88 passengers, making the whole experience uncrowded.
After our train ride through the Rockies, we will spend 6 nights 7 days in the majestic Rocky Mountains, visiting places like Banff, Lake Louise, the Columbia Icefields that include traveling by snowcat on to the Columbia Icefields. We will finish with the quaint old town of Jasper and then on to Calgary before heading home. Fantastic trip, but what makes it more unique is the opportunity to stay in the world-famous, very expensive and very luxurious, Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler and The Four Seasons Vancouver Hotel – ALL AT OUR SPECIAL “Fun For Less” hugely discounted prices.
Note: Late August into early September is the perfect time of year. Temperatures in the high Rockies are about 5 degrees cooler than the high temperatures of Summer, which is not a big change, but more important – In early September the number of rainy days is less than half of what it is in the summer and the crowds are less.
Here is a Partial List of 5-Star Luxury Hotels on This Tour
- The World Famous – 5-Star Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Located in the heart of Banff National Park. The Banff Springs Hotel stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff, Canada’s “Castle in the Rockies”. It has been providing legendary hospitality to guests for more than 125 years. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The World Famous – 5-Star Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel. It is surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening Emerald Lake. The iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel is located in Alberta’s Banff National Park. It was built over 100 years ago and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The World Famous – 5-Star Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel. Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Peak is Whistler’s landmark hotel and golf. Combining classic elegance and a modern alpine setting. Often found in the top 10 hotels in Canada Lists.
- The World Famous – 5-Star Fairmont Princess Hotel Victoria Harbour. Recognized as one of the top 21 Iconic Hotels in the World (National Geographic), Awarded by Leisure Magazine “World’s Best Awards” for a top 10 city hotels in Canada along with many other awards.
- The 5-Star Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is known as the “Castle in the City”. Symbolizing timeless elegance and luxury since 1930, holding a prime downtown location.
- The 4-Star Deluxe Marriott Airport Terminal Hotel in Calgary. Perfect location the night before returning home. Easy walk to your flight home the next morning.
Package Price Includes:
Note on Meals: We usually include breakfast, but sometimes the very exclusive hotels like the Fairmont can charge upwards of $50 per person for a breakfast. When there are plenty of café’s nearby for a fraction of the cost for breakfast, we saved you money and don’t include breakfast. That happened in Victoria and Whistler. Overall, we include 9 Breakfasts, 4 dinners, and 3 lunches. Scheduled meals are listed in your package price.
Our Fantastic Package Price Includes
- Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Package:
- Rocky Mountaineer Train in our GoldLeaf chartered train car with gigantic windows, including on the ceiling.
- Two-level train car with elevator.
- Top-level includes the best viewing possible with a completely domed glass roof.
- The bottom level includes a luxury restaurant where you will dine. The bottom level also has a vestibule or balcony area where you can go outside for a better picture while enjoying the fresh air.
- Breakfast and lunch each day in the 5-Star luxury restaurant on the main level of your GoldLeaf Car.
- Upgraded hotel in Kamloops.
- All transfers to the train, Kamloops and to your hotel after getting off the train.
- All tips for services on the train and luggage handling in Kamloops.
- All train taxes.
- 5 Luxury 5-Star Fairmont Hotels:
- 1 night 5-Star Luxury Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel – Includes Breakfast & Dinner at the Luxury Chateau Lake Louise Hotel.
- 2 nights 5-Star Luxury “Castle” Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Includes Breakfast both mornings and Dinner both nights.
- 2 nights 5-Star Luxury Fairmont Chateau Whistler. No meals included.
- 2 nights 5-Star Luxury Fairmont Princess Hotel Victoria. No meals included.
- 1 night 5-Star “Castle in the City” Fairmont Vancouver Hotel. No meals included.
- Next day’s breakfast on the train.
- Other Quality Hotels that are Included:
- 1 night 4-Star Deluxe Marriott Hotel Calgary Airport – includes Breakfast.
- 2 nights First Class Hotel Jasper with Breakfast each morning.
- 2 nights best hotel Fidalgo Island (San Juan Island), includes meal coupons that can be used for Breakfast.
- Private Boat Charter for only our passengers for whale watching and to enjoy the San Jan Islands.
- Includes Dinner.
- Puget Sound and driving up the Olympic Peninsula, Wa.
- Three Ferry Transfers:
- Ferry transfer from Fidalgo Island to Port Townsend.
- Ferry transfer from Port Angeles to Victoria BC.
- Ferry transfer from Nanaimo Vancouver Island to Horseshoe Bay.
- All tours, guides, entrance fees during the tour including Butchart Gardens near Victoria.
- All transfers from hotels, ferries, airports, and trains.
- All tours, guides and buses in Vancouver, Banff Springs, Lake Louise, Jasper, Calgary, and the Canadian Rockies.
- Snowcat to visit the Columbian Icefields.
- Tips and taxes are included for the train, along with guides, drivers, and meals in Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper.
- Luggage handling throughout.
- Fun for Less Tours Staff.
- Whisper perfect headset receivers – you hear everything, even when you step away to take that important picture.
Package Price: $6,895*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare, tips, optional GoldLeaf package, and most meals.
Canada Train Itinerary
Note on Meals: The quality of hotels was our highest priority, but at times, the famous luxurious Fairmont hotels want way too much for their food. When there are wonderful restaurants and café’s nearby serving similar food at a fraction of the cost, we did not include meals at some of the hotels, that would have increased your price of the tour.
Day 1: August 31: San Juan Islands
Afternoon fly to Seattle airport. Drive to Fidalgo Island – Overnight Swinomish Casino & Lodge – best accommodations on the Island – Dinner on your own, plenty of places to eat at good prices.
Day 2: September 1: San Juan Islands
This morning we will tour Fidalgo Island by bus, this afternoon we have chartered a ship for a private whale-watching cruise in and around the San Juan Islands. The hotel gives a $10 food credit per day that can be used towards your breakfasts. This evening dinner is included on our chartered whale-watching ship.
Day 3: September 2: San Juan Island – Victoria
This morning after breakfast we will drive to Fort Casey on Fidalgo island. We will then take a ferry to Port Townsend, where we will have some free time to explore the wonderful port town, maybe have a bit of lunch before heading to Port Angeles where we will take a late afternoon ferry to Victoria British Columbia. Our hotel for the next two nights is the World Famous, Award-winning Fairmont Empress, overlooking Victoria’s inner harbor. No meals are included in Victoria. There are many wonderful restaurants and Café’s nearby.
Day 4: September 3: Victoria
Today will be a full-day guided tour of Victoria that will include a city tour, the Royal BC Museum, and the famous Butchart Gardens. Overnight Fairmont Princess Hotel. No meals
Day 5: September 4: Victoria – Whistler
This morning we will drive up the coast of Vancouver Island to the town of Nanaimo where we will board our approx. 3-hour ferry to the mainland getting off in Horseshoe Bay. With a little luck, we will enjoy another whale watching boat ride. We will then continue inland to Whistler, a winter ski resort area. Your accommodations are in the World Famous Luxurious Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Voted one of the top 10 hotels in Canada. No meals are included as there are plenty of wonderful places to eat nearby.
Day 6: September 5: Whistler
Whistler is a wonderful town for shopping and exploring. Everything is within a very short walk. The highlight recommended by our past passengers is to take the chairlifts next to our hotel and visit the tops of the mountains to enjoy the stunning views and do some walking on easy trails at the tops of the mountains. Today will be a highlight day. No meals are included.
Day 7: September 6: Vancouver
This morning we will head to Vancouver. We have included a city tour and time to enjoy the waterfront area, before checking into our Luxurious Fairmont “Castle in the City” hotel. It is in the perfect location in Vancouver. No meals are included.
Day 8: September 7: Vancouver – Canada Train – Kamloops
This morning early, we will be transferred to the train station to board our GoldLeaf Luxurious Train Cars. Boarding will be around 7:30 am. We will spend the whole day enjoying the view and meals from our Luxurious Gold Leaf Cars, arriving between 6 pm and 7:30 pm depending on train traffic. We will enjoy a 5-star restaurant service in our special restaurant on the first floor of our train car, for Breakfast and for lunch. Upon arrival into Kamloops, the train will transfer everyone to their hotel for the night. Dinner is not included
Note: All train host gratuity has been included in your package
Day 9: September 8: Kam Loops – Lake Louise
We will be re-boarding our train around 6:25 am Pacific Time. Again, Breakfast and Lunch will be served in your restaurant on the main floor of your GolfLeaf Car. Today will be another highlight day as we cross through the best the Canadian Rockies has to offer. We will arrive at Lake Louise around 6 pm. You are staying in the World Famous, Luxurious Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel, overlooking Lake Louise. As there are no restaurants nearby, we have arranged a dinner for our group at the Lake Louise Hotel. We have also included all taxes and tips for the meal.
Day 10: September 9: Lake Louise – Banff
Breakfast is included for our group at the Lake Louise hotel. Today is another highlight day. We cross back deep into the Canadian Rockies for sightseeing in both the Banff & Yoho National Parks. Late this afternoon we will arrive into the picturesque town of Banff. You are staying in the World-Famous Luxurious Fairmont Banff Springs “Castle” Hotel. We have again included dinner for our whole group at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Tip and taxes for the meal have also been included in your package.
Day 11: September 10: Banff
Breakfast is included for our group at the Fairmont Banff Springs “Castle” Hotel. After we will enjoy a ½ day city tour and a wonderful Gondola ride to the tops of the mountain to get a birds-eye view of the Rockies and Banff. Dinner is once again included at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel, including taxes and tips.
Day 12: September 11: Banff – Columbia Icefields – Jasper
We have to say it again – today will be another highlight day. After your included breakfast at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, we will travel to the Columbia Icefields. The Columbia Icefields is one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle as well as being the most accessible. you will all ride a unique ice Exploration the Athabasca Glacier. After, we will continue on to Jasper arriving late in the afternoon. There are no 5-star luxury hotels in downtown Jasper. We will be staying at the Sawridge Inn and Conference Center downtown Jasper within easy walking distance. No meals are included.
Day 13: September 12: Jasper
Breakfast is included at your hotel in the morning. After we will do a ½ day tour that will include Pyramid and Patricia Lakes, Maligne Canyon and the Athabasca viewpoint. This afternoon you will be free to explore the quaint town of Jasper. Dinner is not included.
Day 14: September 13: Jasper – Calgary
Breakfast is included this morning in your hotel. We will then drive the approx. 5 hours to Calgary. Before heading to our wonderful Marriott Hotel at the Calgary airport, we will do a city tour of Calgary. Our hotel is connected to Calgary airport, making it easy to walk to your flights home the next day. Dinner is not included.
Day 15: September 14: Calgary – Fly Home
Today we fly back to your homes, having enjoyed one of the most stunning picturesque trips anywhere in the world.