Majestic Canadian Rockies TrainSee the beauty of the Rockies on The Mountaineer Train! Voted 7 years in a row "The BEST Train Trip in the World" 15 day train tour - August 11, 2023
This trip is so phenomenal we should rename it The Ultimate Majestic Canadian Rockies Train Tour. The train travels for two full days during daylight hours from Vancouver to Banff through the Majestic Canadian Rockies. The rest of our specially designed tour is not offered by anyone else. We travel by bus and are staying in the very hard to get luxurious Fairmont Hotels. The Rocky Mountaineer Train has been voted many times – “The Best Train Trip in the World”!
We wanted the best for our passengers, so all of our passengers will be traveling in “The Best Train Trip in the World” Luxury First Class GoldLeaf Train Cars! They offer two classes of service, SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf. The SilverLeaf Train Cars have large windows but not domed windows, they serve the meals at your seat and do not include the top luxury hotels. Not what we wanted for our passengers. All of our passengers will be traveling in the GoldLeaf Train Cars! The Luxury GoldLeaf Train Cars are two levels or two stories, with an elevator. The upper area is the luxury “first-class” seating area with a completely domed glass roof, creating unobstructed views from every seat. On the bottom level of each GoldLeaf car is a 5-star restaurant only open to those in that GoldLeaf Car. All meals on the train are included. In the GoldLeaf cars, you will indulge your senses with gourmet meals prepared by Executive Chefs. Also, on the bottom floor of every GoldLeaf Car is an exclusive outdoor viewing platform. Throughout the two days of travel by train, you can step outside onto your outdoor viewing platform to enjoy the fresh air or to take that perfect picture. The BEST part of traveling in the Luxury GoldLeaf program is that you qualify to stay in the BEST luxury hotels in Canada – the Luxury Fairmont Hotels.
There is no other program that can compare to what this special unique tour has! We have evaluated everything there is to see and experience in upper Washington, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Alberta and the majestic Canadian Rockies. We combined the very best to see and experience with the “World’s Best Train Experience.” We start in Seattle, heading north to Fidalgo Island where we will overnight. While there we will tour Fidalgo Island and take a ferry ride through the San Juan Islands. We then travel by ferry to Port Townsend to experience one of the most beautiful drives in the U.S. from Port Townsend to Port Angeles where we will continue by ferry to Victoria on Vancouver Island. From our gorgeous hotel on Victoria Harbor, we will tour the area, along with visiting the beautiful and famous Buchard Gardens. Then it’s back on a ferry to the mainland and on to the wonderful ski resort village of Whistler which is even more picturesque in the summer. From there we head to Vancouver and our luxury hotel in the perfect location near the Warf and the famous light district – all within a short walk. When you think it couldn’t get better, we enter the highlight after highlight section of our tour, as we board our GoldLeaf train car for our trip through the majestic Canadian Rockies. You all will be in the luxury “First” class seating, as everyone will be in Rocky Mountaineer’s GoldLeaf two-story train car – with its 5-star restaurant and outdoor observation deck on the bottom floor and its full domed glass roof, giving complete unobstructed views, on the top floor. After our train ride through the Rockies, we will spend 5 nights 6 days in the majestic Rocky Mountains, visiting places like Banff, Lake Louise, and the Columbia Icefields that include traveling by snowcat on to the Columbia Icefields. We will finish with the quaint old town of Jasper and then on to Calgary before heading home. This is a special tour designed by Fun For Less Tours, to bring you the BEST that this part of the world has to offer. No one else has a tour that comes close.
Here is a Partial List of 5-Star Luxury Hotels on This Tour
- The World Famous – 5-Star Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Located in the heart of Banff National Park. The Banff Springs Hotel stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff, Canada’s “Castle in the Rockies”. It has been providing legendary hospitality to guests for more than 125 years. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The World Famous – 5-Star Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel. It is surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening Emerald Lake. The iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel is located in Alberta’s Banff National Park. It was built over 100 years ago and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The World Famous – 5-Star Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel. Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Peak is Whistler’s landmark hotel and golf. Combining classic elegance and a modern alpine setting. Often found in the top 10 hotels in Canada Lists.
- The World Famous – 5-Star Fairmont Princess Hotel Victoria Harbour. Recognized as one of the top 21 Iconic Hotels in the World (National Geographic), Awarded by Leisure Magazine “World’s Best Awards” for a top 10 city hotels in Canada along with many other awards.
- The 5-Star Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge — Located in Jasper State Park. A village of heritage log cabins surrounded by incredible views of majestic mountains.
- The 5-Star Marriott Delta Suites Hotel Vancouver. Luxury Suites with Separate front room and bedroom. Perfect location easy walking distance to the Gastown neighborhood, Yaletown, Stanley Park and the Water Front.
- The 4-Star Deluxe Marriott Airport Terminal Hotel in Calgary. Perfect location the night before returning home. Easy walk to your flight home the next morning.
Package Price Includes:
Note on Meals: We usually include breakfast, but sometimes the very exclusive hotels like the Fairmont can charge upwards of $50 per person for a breakfast. When there are plenty of cafés nearby for a fraction of the cost for breakfast, we saved you money and don’t include breakfast. That happened in Victoria and Whistler. Overall, we include 9 Breakfasts, 4 dinners and 3 lunches. Scheduled meals are listed in your package price.
Our Fantastic Package Price Includes:
- Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Package:
- Rocky Mountaineer Train in our GoldLeaf chartered train car with gigantic windows.
- Two level train car with elevator.
- Top level includes the best viewing possible with a completely domed glass roof.
- Bottom level includes a luxury restaurant where you will dine.
- The bottom level also has an observation deck or balcony area where you can go outside for a better picture while enjoying the fresh air. The outside observation deck is only open to those in the GoldLeaf Cars
- Breakfast and lunch each day in the 5-Star luxury restaurant on the bottom level of your GoldLeaf Car.
- All transfers to and from the train in Vancouver, Kamloops and Lake Louise.
- All tips for services on the train.
- All train taxes.
- 5-Star Luxury VERY HARD TO GET Fairmont Hotels:
- 2 nights 5-Star Luxury Victoria Fairmont Empress Hotel – no meals included.
- 2 nights 5-Star Luxury Fairmont Château Whistler – no meals included.
- 1 night 5-Star Luxury Fairmont Château Lake Louise Hotel.
- Includes Breakfast & Dinner.
- 2 nights 5-Star Luxury “Castle” Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
- Includes Breakfast both mornings and Dinner first night.
- 2 nights 5-Star Luxury Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge – Luxury Mountain Resort.
- Includes Breakfast both mornings and Dinner first night.
- Additional Hotels:
- 1 night 5 Star Luxury Marriott Delta Suites Hotel Vancouver. Each suite has a separate living room and bedroom. BEST location in Vancouver – Breakfast is served on the train after your night in the Delta Suites Hotel.
- 1 night 4 Star Deluxe Marriott Hotel at the Calgary Airport – includes breakfast.
- 2 nights best hotel Fidalgo Island (San Juan Island), includes breakfast.
- Package also includes:
- Ferry through the San Jan Islands.
- Puget Sound and driving up the Olympic Peninsula, Washington.
- Four Ferry Transfers:
- Ferry transfer from Fidalgo Island to Friday Harbour, San Juan Island.
- Ferry transfer from Friday Harbaour to Fidalgo Island.
- Ferry transfer Fidalgo Island to Port Angeles.
- Ferry transfer from Port Angeles to Victoria BC.
- Ferry transfer from Nanaimo Vancouver Island to Horseshoe Bay.
- All tours, guides and buses in Washington, Fidalgo Island, Victoria, Whistler, Vancouver, Banff Springs, Lake Louise, Jasper, Calgary and the Canadian Rockies.
- Snow cat to visit the Columbian Ice-fields.
- Fun for Less Tours Staff.
- Headset receivers – you hear everything, even when you step away to take that important picture.
Package Price: $7,895*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include international airfare and tips.
Canada Train Itinerary
Note on Meals: The quality of hotels was our highest priority, but at times, the famous luxurious Fairmont hotels want way too much for their food. When there are wonderful restaurants and café’s nearby serving similar food at a fraction of the cost, we did not include meals at some of the hotels, which would have increased the price of the tour.
Day 1: August 11: Morning flight to Seattle
This afternoon we will travel to Fidalgo Island for our afternoon tour. Overnight on Fidalgo Island.
Day 2: August 12: San Juan Islands
This morning we will travel to Anacortes Ferry Terminal for our day tour through the San Juan Islands. We will take a Ferry to Firday Harbor where will have some free time to explore and then board a different ferry with a different route through the San Juan islands back to Fidalgo Island and our hotel.
Day 3: August 13: San Juan Island – Victoria
This morning after breakfast we will drive to Fort Casey on Fidalgo island. We will then take a ferry to Port Townsend, where we will have some free time to explore the wonderful port town, maybe have a bit of lunch before heading to Port Angeles where we will take a late afternoon ferry to Victoria British Columbia. Our hotel for the next two nights is the World Famous, Award-winning Fairmont Empress, overlooking Victoria’s inner harbor. No meals are included in Victoria. There are many wonderful restaurants and Café’s nearby.
Day 4: August 14: Victoria
Today will be a full-day guided tour of Victoria that will include a city tour, the Royal BC Museum, and the famous Butchart Gardens. Overnight Fairmont Empress Hotel. No meals.
Day 5: August 15: Victoria – Whistler
This morning we will drive up the coast of Vancouver Island to the town of Nanaimo where we will board our approx. 3-hour ferry to the mainland getting off in Horseshoe Bay. We will then continue inland to Whistler, a winter ski resort area. Your accommodations are in the World Famous Luxurious Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Voted one of the top 10 hotels in Canada. No meals are included as there are plenty of wonderful places to eat nearby.
Day 6: August 16: Whistler
Whistler is a wonderful town for shopping and exploring. Everything is within a very short walk. The highlight recommended by our past passengers is to take the chairlifts next to our hotel and visit the tops of the mountains to enjoy the stunning views and do some walking on easy trails at the tops of the mountains. Today will be a highlight day. No meals are included.
Day 7: August 17: Vancouver
This morning we will head to Vancouver. We have a short tour before arriving at your Luxury Marriott Delta Suites. In the afternoon you will have time to visit the many easy walking areas near our hotel. We recommend walking down to the Gastown neighborhood and the wonderful Vancouver Warf area. No meals are included.
Day 8: August 18: Vancouver – Canada Train – Kamloops
This morning early, we will be transferred to the train station to board our GoldLeaf Luxurious Train Cars. Boarding will be around 7:30 am. We will spend the whole day enjoying the view and meals from our Luxurious Gold Leaf Cars, arriving between 6 pm and 7:30 pm depending on train traffic. We will enjoy a 5-star restaurant service in our special restaurant on the first floor of our train car, for Breakfast and for lunch. Upon arrival in Kamloops, the train will transfer everyone to their hotel for the night. Dinner is not included
Note: All train host gratuity has been included in your package
Day 9: August 19: Kam Loops – Lake Louise
We will be re-boarding our train around 6:25 am Pacific Time. Again, Breakfast and Lunch will be served in your restaurant on the main floor of your GolfLeaf Car. Today will be another highlight day as we cross through the best the Canadian Rockies has to offer. We will arrive at Lake Louise around 6 pm. You are staying in the World Famous, Luxurious Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel, overlooking Lake Louise. As there are no restaurants nearby, we have arranged a dinner for our group at the Lake Louise Hotel. We have also included all taxes and tips for the meal.
Day 10: August 20: Lake Louise – Banff
Breakfast is included for our group at the Lake Louise hotel. Today is another highlight day. We cross back deep into the Canadian Rockies for sightseeing in both the Banff & Yoho National Parks. Late this afternoon we will arrive in the picturesque town of Banff. You are staying in the World-Famous Luxurious Fairmont Banff Springs “Castle” Hotel. We have again included dinner for our whole group at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
Day 11: August 21: Banff
Breakfast is included for our group at the Fairmont Banff Springs “Castle” Hotel. After we will enjoy a ½ day city tour and a wonderful Gondola ride to the tops of the mountain to get a birds-eye view of the Rockies and Banff. Dinner is once again included at the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel.
Day 12: August 22: Banff – Columbia Icefields – Jasper
We have to say it again – today will be another highlight day. After your included breakfast at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, we will travel to the Columbia Icefields. The Columbia Icefields is one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle as well as being the most accessible. you will all ride a unique ice Exploration of the Athabasca Glacier. After, we will continue on to Jasper arriving late in the afternoon. There are no 5-star luxury hotels in downtown Jasper. Upon arrival in Jasper, we will transfer to your 5-Star Jasper Park Lodges for two nights. Breakfast and dinner are included today.
Day 13: August 23: Jasper
Breakfast is included at your hotel in the morning. After we will do a ½ day tour that will include Pyramid and Patricia Lakes, Maligne Canyon, and the Athabasca viewpoint. This afternoon you will be free to explore the quaint town of Jasper. Dinner is not included.
Day 14: August 24: Jasper – Calgary
Breakfast is included this morning in your hotel. We will then drive the approx. 5 hours to Calgary. Before heading to our wonderful Marriott Hotel at the Calgary airport, we will do a city tour of Calgary. Our hotel is connected to Calgary airport, making it easy to walk your flights home the next day. Dinner is not included.
Day 15: August 25: Calgary – Fly Home
Today we fly back to your homes, having enjoyed one of the most stunning picturesque trips anywhere in the world.