LEWIS & CLARKS EXPEDITIONSNAKE & COLUMBIA RIVER BY PADDLE BOAT 9 day cruise/tour - June 17, 2018
Majestic and Unimaginably Gorgeous!
If you want to witness staggering beauty, then this is the cruise for you. If you want to be taught about Lewis & Clark’s expedition, then this is the cruise for you. If you would like to learn about Sacajawea, their faithful Native Indian guide, then, this is the cruise for you. If you want to follow the path of Lewis and Clark on a luxury paddle boat down the Snake River connecting to the Columbia River, then this is the cruise for you. If you want to experience all this with Dr. S. Michael Wilcox as your educator, then this is the cruise for you. This will be our third time we are offering a paddle boat cruise. We are truly amazed at how much our passengers enjoy these relaxing cruises. Of the three cruises we have offered, this will be by far the most beautiful.
The ship is smaller than the American Queen, it is more like a wonderful boutique ship that holds about 200 passengers. There are no inside cabins, there are a few outside cabins with windows, but the vast majority of the cabins have private veranda balconies. A balcony cabin on a major cruise line is rarely used as 90% of the sailing time is out to sea with only a big ocean to view. Very little time is spent sitting on your balcony. Not so with river cruising. 100% of the time there is something to look at as you are always sailing between mountains, forests, and cities. The scenery is always changing, constantly being replaced by new scenery. We highly recommend having a cabin that opens up onto a private veranda balcony.
Witness the Precious Lands of the Pacific Northwest
Just as it Appeared to Lewis and Clark in 1805.
Nowhere is the timelessness of rivers more apparent than here in the pristine Pacific Northwest, a captivating corner of America which displays an abundance of awe-inspiring, natural beauty. This special cruise is specifically tailored to maximize daytime river cruising for optimal viewing of spectacular scenery and iconic highlights such as the Columbia River Gorge. As you cruise along the Columbia and Snake Rivers, you will bear witness to the precious land just as it appeared to Lewis and Clark in 1805 – majestic and unimaginably glorious.
Pioneering reminders range from Fort Clatsop outside Astoria, Oregon, where Lewis & Clark survived the harsh winter, to the sister cities of Clarkston, Washington, and Lewiston, Idaho. The explorers overcame the formidable Celilo Falls and currents near The Dalles, Oregon, a struggle brought to light at Rock Fort Campsite. The role of Sacajawea in the expedition’s success is interpreted at the state park in Washington’s Tri-Cities Region. At Multnomah Falls, snow melt streams plunge more than 600 feet in two tiered cascades down a sheer cliff face. Deeper than the Grand Canyon, Idaho’s Hells Canyon is a dramatic crack in the earth with raging waters. Whether you choose to take in the scenery from Mt. Hood’s Timberline Lodge nestled among the pines or climb the Astoria Column to view the expansive Pacific, a voyage on the Columbia and Snake Rivers will show you the world from a new perspective.
Following Lewis and Clark Down the Snake and Columbia Rivers
Sail from Clarkston All the Way to Astoria.
Free Shore Excursions with the Ship’s Hop on Hop off Buses
One of the wonderful things included with the American Queen Steamboat Company are the free shore excursions. At every port of call they have their “Hop on Hop off” buses that leave several times an hour making stops throughout the port of call town or village. Several times an hour, the buses come by to move you to your next area that you want to experience.
They also offer what they call Premium Shore Excursions. These are the tours that leave the small port and head back to areas like Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens and more. For many of the stops along this special cruise, all you need is their “hop on hop off” buses for site seeing. Then in other ports of call we would highly recommend doing Our Premium Shore Excursions Package.
We have created our own Premium Shore Excursions Package. If you were to buy the same tours, transfers and hotel night in Portland from the ship, it would cost you over $500. Our total Premium Shore Excursions Package is only $299. You will save over $200.
Our Optional Premium Shore Excursion Package includes:
- Tour of Spokane and transfer to the ship on day 2.
- Full day tour to Mount Hood, Timberline Lodge, Multnomah Falls and more.
- Lewis & Clark Expedition’s Middle Village-Station Camp, Lewis and Clark National Park, Fort Clatsop and more.
- Full day to Mount St. Helens and a tour of Portland.
- Hotel in Portland area.
Package Price Includes:
Our Package Price for the Lewis and Clark Expedition Paddle Boat cruise includes:
- Deluxe hotel in Spokane Washington the night before the cruise.
- 8 Days 7 nights cruising the Snake & Columbia Rivers on the American Empress Steamboat.
- Category C outside stateroom w/ Deluxe Verandah.
- All hotel taxes.
- $179 in ship taxes and port charges.
- Transfers from the hotel to the American Empress Steamboat.
- All of the “Hop on Hop off” bus shore excursions in every port of call.
- Special Guest Educator: Dr. S. Michael Wilcox – an educator on Lewis and Clark.
- Breakfasts in the hotels and three quality meals a day on the Steamboat. We found the meal quality often exceeded those found on large cruise ships. They also include 24-hour room service.
- Group Party on the ship with free specialty drinks like Virgin Pina Coladas and Virgin Strawberry Daiquiris.
- Music and evening shows on the Steamboat.
- All soft drinks are included.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff throughout the trip.
- Use of our “Whisper Perfect” headset receivers.
- Not included are the ship’s Premium Shore Excursions OR Our Premium Shore Excursion Package.
- Not included – Transfer to the Portland Airport at the end of the cruise if you do not take our Premium Shore Excursion Package.
Fun For Less Tours OPTIONAL Premium Shore Excursion Package
- 1 additional night hotel in Portland Oregon.
- Full day tour of Spokane down to Clarkston and your Steamboat.
- Full day tour to Mt Hood, Timberline Lodge, the Fruit Loop, Bonneville Dam, the old scenic highway and Multnomah Falls.
- Lewis and Clark Expedition tour to Middle Village – Station Camp, Cape Disappointment – Lewis and Clark National Park and Fort Clatsop.
- Full Day tour to Mount St. Helens. We will make many picturesque stops including the ability to see the full blast zone. We also plan on doing a tour of Portland at the end of the day before going to our hotel.
- All with Dr. S. Michael Wilcox and our Fun For Less Tours Staff.
OVER $500 worth of Premium Shore Excursions and Hotel for only $299
Package Price: $4,199*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare, tips or optional premium shore excursion package.
Airfare pricing will be announced around September 2017 once airfare opens up.