Group 3 Switzerland Tourwith Oberammergau Passion Play 10 day tour - August 12, 2022
The Swiss Alps are the most beautiful mountains in the world! The Alps are like a diamond … Marvelous, Multifaceted, Mystical, Magnificent, and Mesmerizing.
We have designed a fantastic tour that will let you experience the Best of the Best in Switzerland.
Here are just a few highlights:
- The ancient Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva.
- The wonderful quaint village of Zermatt, located at the base of the majestic Matterhorn.
- Drive through and over impressive mountain passes.
- Stay at the base of the Eiger Mountain in the quaint village of Grindelwald.
- Take a cable car to the top of a mountain, then take a leisurely stroll across the top of the mountain looking into valleys on both sides and then looking up to view the massive mountains, the Eiger, the Mönch and the Jungfrau – all are well over 13,000 feet. This will be a highlight experience you will never forget.
- Witness large waterfalls inside a mountain.
- Add to all this, a visit to the tiny country of Lichtenstein.
This tour is packed with incredible experiences, especially when you consider it is combined with Munich, Oberammergau and the Passion Play.
Package Price Includes:
- Germany and the Oberammergau Passion Play
- 2 nights 4 Star Deluxe Hotel in Munich.
- 2 nights 4 Star Oberammergau Passion Play Hotel.
- Priority seating in Category 1 for the Passion Play.
- All transfers and buses in Munich and Oberammergau.
- Breakfasts in Munich, Breakfast and Dinner in Oberammergau.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- All tours, entrance fees and guides in Munich and Oberammergau.
- 1 night 3.5-Star Deluxe Hotel Zurich.
- 1 night 4-Star Deluxe Hotel Montreux.
- 2 nights 3.5 Star Frist Class Hotel Grindelwald.
- All transfers to and from hotels and airports.
- Cogwheel train ride.
- Cable car ride.
- All buses guides, tours, and entrance fees throughout the tour.
- “Whisper Perfect” headset receivers. You will hear everything even when you step away to take that important picture.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
Package Price: $4,495*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
The itinerary below is subject to change as needed at any time to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: August 12: Fly to Munich
We depart our home and travel to Munich.
Day 2: August 13: Munich
After arriving into Munich we will do a city tour. Overnight Munich.
Day 3: August 14: Munich
This morning we will drive 2 hours to Salzburg, Austria. We will spend the time touring Salzburg. While in Salzburg you may feel as if you have slipped into “The Sound Of Music.” Late this afternoon we will drive back to Munich.
Day 4: August 15: Munich – Oberammergau
This morning we will travel into the German Alps. We plan, if possible to visit Neuschwanstein Castle, which was the inspiration for Disney’s “Sleeping Beauty Castle.” Then we will go to Oberammergau where you will be able to have some free time to explore this quaint village. Later this afternoon we will check into our 4-star deluxe Passion Play Hotel. NOTE: Our Passion Play Hotels are in the Oberammergau area. They can be in the Oberammergau Village or other villages nearby. For those staying in the villages close by, from what we have been told, they will be running shuttle buses from the different villages to the Oberammergau Village and back.
Day 5: August 16: Oberammergau
This morning you can take one of the shuttle buses into Oberammergau. This afternoon will be the first half of the Passion Play. Then there will be a break for dinner, which is included. After, you will return for the second half of the Passion Play. Late this evening you will return back to your hotel.
Day 6: August 17: Oberammergau – Lichtenstein – Grindelwald
This morning we will drive through the German Alps to the tiny country of Lichtenstein. Then we will visit Lucerne, Switzerland. Later we will head deep into the Swiss Alps to the picturesque village of Grindelwald.
Day 7: August 18: Grindelwald
Today is a big highlight day!! We will drive into a beautiful glacier-cut valley where you will see jaw-dropping rock formations and waterfalls. A little bit further, in this same valley, you visit the Trümmelbachfälle, a series of ten waterfalls “inside” the mountain!! It is truly one of the natural wonders of the world. Then we will drive to the Lauterbrunnen train station where we take a cogwheel train to Kleine Schediegg. You will enjoy the majestic wide-screen panoramic of the Jungfrau view Group during your train ride. Overnight Grindelwald.
Day 8: August 19: Grindelwald – Zermatt
We will depart our hotel early morning for the train station that will take us to Zermatt. The train will take us through Switzerland’s beautiful Alps. On arrival, we will have free time to enjoy this picturesque town and the Matterhorn. There will also be an additional option at an extra cost for those who want to take the cogwheel mountain train up to the Gornergrat at over 10,000 feet! From there you have the opportunity to see the highest mountains of your trip, including a majestic view of the Matterhorn. After our visit to Zermatt, we will take the train to Montreux to overnight.
Day 9: August 20: Zermatt – Zurich
This morning we will visit Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva. After the tour of this special castle, we will continue onto Bern. We will do a city tour before heading to our hotel near the Zurich airport.
Day 10: August 21: Fly home
Drive to the airport for our flight home.