Group 1 Rome and Paris Templeswith Oberammergau Passion Play 11 day tour - August 7, 2020
We feel visiting the Rome Temple during the time of the Open House would not be wise for the following reasons:
- There is a limited number that can go through during the open house and we should not be taking places of those of other faiths living in Europe. This would be their only chance to see inside a special LDS Temple.
- The crowds will be gigantic. You will have to shuffle through the temple and stand 50 deep or more in the visitors’ center. In just a few minutes you are done visiting this beautiful site.
- We felt it would be better to go after the Temple is dedicated, take your time enjoy a session in the Temple and do other Temple work. You will see the Temple, but in a more relaxed and sacred atmosphere and the New Visitors Center will not be crowded.
This special tour will allow those that want to visit the completed Rome Temple and the new Paris Temple, to slow down, do a session in both Temples. Add to all of this is the study of Christ with Dr. S. Michael Wilcox and the attending of the Oberammergau Passion Play. We will have two full days in Rome and two full days in Paris. In addition to the few hours you spend at the LDS temples, there will be time to visit the most important tourist sites in Rome and Paris.
Here is a little information on the Rome Temple:
The resplendent interior of the Rome Italy Temple features beautiful Italian-quarried Perlato Svevo marble on surfaces throughout the building, including floors, walls, and counter tops. Magnificent floor work is featured in the baptistery and grand foyer, which reflects Michelangelo’s design at the Piazza del Campidoglio on top of Rome’s Capitoline Hill. The pattern is also seen in the sculpted off-white carpets in the Celestial and sealing rooms. The majesty of the temple is further reflected in the choice of artwork, stained glass, crown moldings, and other furnishings and finishes. The complex includes a wonderful Visitors Center that will include reproductions of Bertel Thorvaldsen’s Christus statue and the twelve apostles. The originals were sculpted in Rome and transported to Copenhagen in 1838 to stand in the National Cathedral of Denmark.
Package Price Includes:
Included in Our Passion Play Package:
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Rome.
- Transfers to and from the Rome LDS Temple.
- Tours, buses, guides, entrance fees to the Vatican Museum, the Colosseum, the many fountains and so much more.
- 2 nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Paris.
- Tours, buses, guides, entrance fees to the Notre Dame, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower and Versailles.
- Transfers between hotels and airports.
- Guest Educator: DeAnne Sadleir.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
Our Included in Germany and the Passion Play.
- Germany and the Oberammergau Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Deluxe Hotel in Munich.
- Dr. S. Michael Wilcox Guest Educator in Munich for the Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Oberammergau Passion Play Hotel.
- Priority seating in Category 1 for the Passion Play.
- All transfers and buses in Munich and Oberammergau.
- Breakfasts in Munich, Breakfast and Dinner in Oberammergau.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- All tours, entrance fees and guides in Munich and Oberammergau.
Package Price: $4,195*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
ESTIMATED cost of airfares in 2020:
These are estimates only (they could go up or down) and they
will not be available to purchase until 10 months before tour.
(round-trip) SLC to Munich - Paris to SLC: $1,650
(non-stop) Munich to Rome: $185
(non-stop) Rome to Paris: $179
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: August 7: Fly to Munich
We depart our home and travel to Munich.
Day 2 & 3: August 8 & 9: Munich
Today and tomorrow we will tour Munich and will also have lectures from Dr. S. Michael Wilcox on the Life of Christ and the Passion Play.
Day 4: August 10: Munich – Oberammergau
This morning we will travel into the German Alps and enjoy the beautiful scenery. We also plan to visit the Linderhof Palace before checking into our 4-star deluxe Passion Play hotel.
Day 5: August 11: Oberammergau
This morning we will tour the Oberammergau area. This afternoon will be the first half of the Passion Play. Then there will be a break for dinner, which is included. After, we will return to the second half of the Passion Play. Late this evening you will return back to your hotel.
Day 6: August 12: Fly to Paris
Today we fly from Munich to Paris. Upon arrival, we will do a city tour including a visit to the Eiffel Tower. (Important Note: See pricing – The flight from Munich to Paris is not included in the tour price).
Day 7: August 13: Paris
This morning we will drive to Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the palace. This afternoon we will visit the Paris Temple, where you will have time to do a session. Return to the city for some free time to explore.
Day 8: August 14: Paris – Rome
Today we will visit the Louvre Museum and its Mona Lisa, tour Notre Dame Cathedral. This evening we will fly to Rome. (Important Note: See pricing – The flight from Paris to Rome is not included in the tour price).
Day 9: August 15: Rome
Today we will visit a separate country, Vatican City. We will visit St. Peter’s Basilica (the largest church in the world), St. Peter’s Square, the Vatican Museum, and the Sistine Chapel. Later we will visit the magnificent Coliseum.
Day 10: August 16: Rome
This morning we will visit the Trevi Fountain, which has been made famous by many movies including “Three Coins in a Fountain”. Later we visit the Rome Temple, where you will have time to do a session before heading back to our deluxe hotel.
Day 11: August 17: Fly home
This morning we drive to the airport for your flight back to the US and home. You will arrive home on the same day.