France Tourwith Oberammergau Passion Play 16 day tour - August 7, 2020
Over the years we have had many requests to do a quality France Tour. For those that feel they have visited all the major cities of Europe, this is the tour for you. Our tour goes from the top to the bottom of France trying to do the BEST of the BEST. We feel this will cover most of the important sites.
Here is a small example:
- Avignon: You will marvel at the Pope’s Palace. Starting in 1333, this was the home to 7 consecutive Popes of the Catholic Church. Today you can explore much of the ancient palace. It is a World Heritage Site.
- Nice: There are many ancient medieval walled villages near Nice. We are going to visit two of them, the walled city of St Paul de Vence, and the walled city of Eze. In addition, we will drive along the famous French Riviera, along with visiting Monte-Carlo in the tiny country of Monaco.
- Lyon: A UNESCO World Heritage Site has 2,000 years of history imprinted on its cobblestone streets. One of Europe’s most extensive Renaissance neighborhoods.
- Annecy: Romance is the lifeblood of Annecy. A town replete with castles and cathedrals and beautiful architecture, this will be a highlight day.
- The Loire Valley: Often referred to as the valley of a thousand Châteaux. We will visit as many châteaux palaces as we can in the 1½ days we will have in the Loire Valley. The châteaux highest on our list includes: Cheverny, Chenonceau, d’Azay-le-Rideau, Blois, and de Chambord.
- The ancient walled city of Mont Saint-Michel. Everything is still there from the 13th and 14th centuries. It has never been conquered. Buildings still stand from the 13th century.
- The Normandy Coast with its World War II Landing Beaches and the American Cemetery.
- Paris: The Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Versailles, Paris Temple and so much more.
When you arrive in Nice you will be met by Rob and Diane Prince. Diane Prince will be your educator during the time you are in France. The Oberammergau Passion Play is a MAJOR part of this package. Dr. S. Michael Wilcox will join you in Munich to help prepare you for your Passion Play experience.
Package Price Includes:
- Germany and the Oberammergau Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Deluxe Hotel in Munich.
- Dr. S. Michael Wilcox Guest Educator in Munich for the Passion Play.
- 2 nights 4 Star Oberammergau Passion Play Hotel.
- Priority seating in Category 1 for the Passion Play.
- All transfers and buses in Munich and Oberammergau.
- Breakfasts in Munich, Breakfast and Dinner in Oberammergau.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- All tours, entrance fees and guides in Munich and Oberammergau.
- In France
- 3 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Paris.
- 1 Night 4-Star Deluxe Hotel close to the Normandy Landing Beaches.
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Tunes (the Loire Valley).
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Lyon.
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Nice.
- All transfers to and from airports and hotels.
- Guest Educator: Diane Prince.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- All buses, guides, tours, entrance fees throughout the tour.
“Whisper perfect” headset receivers. You will hear everything even when you step away to take that important picture.
Package Price: $5,195*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
ESTIMATED cost of airfares in 2020:
These are estimates only (they could go up or down) and they
will not be available to purchase until 10 months before tour.
(round-trip) SLC to Munich - Nice to SLC: $1,650
(non-stop) Munich to Paris: $150
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: August 7: Fly to Nice
We depart our home and travel to Nice, France.
Day 2: August 8: Nice
After clearing customs in Nice, we will visit Monte Carlo, located in the tiny country of Monaco. Then transfer to our hotel in Nice.
Day 3: August 9: St Paul de Vence – Eze – Nice
This morning we travel to the medieval walled city of St. Paul De Vence. Then we will head to Eze, another wonderful medieval walled city. Overnight in Nice.
Day 4: August 10: Avignon – Lyon
This morning we will drive to Avignon, home to 7 popes of the Catholic Church in the 1300’s. They built a massive palace that they called home. Later we will drive to Lyon where we will be staying for the next 2 nights.
Day 5: August 11: Annecy – Lyon
Today you will visit the quaint village of Annecy located in the French Alps near Switzerland. We then return to Lyon where we will visit the World Heritage Sites. Overnight again in Lyon.
Day 6: August 12: Loire Valley – Tours
This morning we will drive several hours to the Loire Valley area. The Loire Valley and surrounding area is home to 1,000 chateaux and palaces. We visit the top 5 today and tomorrow. The 5 chateaux we plan to visit are; du Bloise, Cheverny, de Chambord, Chenonceau, d’Azay-le Rideau. Overnight in Tours.
Day 7: August 13: Loire Valley
This morning we will finish visiting the chateaux in the Loire Valley area. Return to Tours to overnight.
Day 8: August 14: Mont Saint Michel
This will be another highlight day. Today we travel up the coast of France to the majestic island of Mont Saint Michel. This castle which looks like a walled city is located on an island just off the coast of France. It was built approx. 700 years ago and still looks the same today. Then we will drive to Caen to overnight.
Day 9: August 15: Normandy – Paris
Today we drive to Normandy. We will tour the World War II Normandy Landing Beaches and The American Cemetery. Later this afternoon we will drive to Paris where we will be staying the next 2 nights.
Day 10: August 16: Paris
Today will be a full day tour of Paris. On our tour of Paris, we will visit the Louvre Museum and the Mona Lisa, tour Notre Dame Cathedral, visit the Eiffel Tower and have time to explore a little on your own. We overnight again in Paris.
Day 11: August 17: Paris – Munich
This morning we will drive to Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace. Later we will visit the Paris Temple before headed back to Paris. This evening we will fly to Munich. After clearing customs we will transfer to our Munich hotel. (Important Note: The flight from Paris to Munich is not included in the tour price. It will be announced soon).
Day 12: August 18: Munich
Today we will have lectures throughout the day from Dr. S. Michael Wilcox on the life of Christ and the Passion Play.
Day 13: August 19: Munich – Oberammergau
This morning we will travel into the German Alps and enjoy the beautiful scenery and do some touring before checking into our 4-star deluxe Passion Play hotel.
Day 14: August 20: Oberammergau
This morning we will tour the Oberammergau area. This afternoon will be the first half of the Passion Play. Then there will be a break for dinner, which is included. We will then return for the second half of the Passion Play. Late this evening you will return to your hotel.
Day 15: August 21: Salzburg – Munich
This morning we will drive to Salzburg, Austria. While in Salzburg you may feel as if you have slipped into “The Sound Of Music.” We will spend the morning touring Salzburg and riding the funicular up to the fortress, Hohensalzburg. This afternoon we drive to Munich to overnight.
Day 16: August 22: Fly home
This morning we will head to the airport for your flight back to the US and home.