Exotic MoroccoSpain & Portugal with Mediterranean Cruise 20 day tour/cruise - September 23, 2023
Tour of Morocco, Portugal Spain & Gibraltar - with a Mediterranean Cruise
It is still a tour of Morocco, Portugal, Spain & Gibraltar, by land and by sea. This is the first time we have ever offered this unique tour and cruise! This fantastic tour and cruise have so many highlights, it climbs the ladder to becoming one of the best tours and cruises we have ever offered anywhere in the world.
Here is the updated PARTIAL list of some of the highlights:
- Fez, Morocco: Its old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the old walled city of Fez time has stood still, little has changed since the 13th and 14th centuries – one of our favorite ancient walled cities in the world.
- Marrakesh, Morocco: It is like no other experience! At night the former imperial capital is wild and unique, with a blend of donkey carts, spice sellers, snake charmers, street performers, fortune tellers, and a ton of flea market booths selling their wares. Marrakesh’s old town is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Lisbon, Portugal: Our full-day tour in Lisbon includes two UNESCO fairy tale castles – the colorful Pena Palace and the Tower of Belem, along with the Jeronimos Monastery.
- Seville, Spain: Now visited from our ship, from Malaga port: The stunning Plaza de Espana, Seville’s Cathedral with Columbus’s Tomb, and the ancient narrow streets of the Sana Cruz quarter.
- The Rock of Gibraltar: Now visited from our ship: Gibraltar is part of the British Empire and refuses to become part of Spain. This will be a huge highlight.
- Toledo: The ancient walled city of Toledo attracts more tourists than any other place in Spain. A UNESCO World Heritage site – no trip to Spain is complete without visiting Toledo.
- Madrid Area: The fairy tale castle Segovia, A 2,000-year-old Roman Aqueduct, the ancient walled city of Avila, and possibly the most impressive royal palace ever – the Royal Palace of Madrid.
- Barcelona: Known for its unique architecture, the Sagrada Familia Cathedral, and Antoni Gaudi’s park.
- 9 night Cruise includes the following ports of call:
- Palma De Mallorca, Spain
- Valencia, Spain
- Malaga Spain: The ship is parked for two days – we will visit Malaga, Ronda, and the Rock of Gibraltar while in Malaga.
- Seville, Spain located about a 1-hour drive from the port.
- Porto, Portugal
- Lisbon, Portugal
This special unique tour and cruise have been designed to bring you the best of the best in Morocco, Portugal, Spain, and The Rock of Gibraltar. We really did hit a home run with this newly designed tour and cruise. It has become one of the BEST tours and cruises we have to offer anywhere in the world.
Exotic Morocco Every day is another huge highlight day on this special newly designed tour and cruise. You are going to love every minute, but most of all you’re going to love Morocco! There isn’t room to share how exciting and wonderful Morocco is. The Tyndall family, which owns Fun For Less Tours – crossed by ferry from Spain to Morocco for their inspection tour of Morocco. Upon arrival, they found a driver of a large van and hired him off the street to take them all over Morocco. Hiring a stranger off the streets of Tangier, Morocco to drive your family, for many days throughout Morocco, is not what we recommend our passengers do. But to the Tyndall Family, it was the best way to explore and experience everything in Morocco. It also states how safe they felt in Morocco. Because of the movie Casablanca, it may be the most famous city in Morocco, but the best of the best can be found in Fez and Marrakesh. They couldn’t get enough of the ancient walled city of Fez – with its ancient narrow cobblestone streets, filled with shops. Of special interest will be the leather tanneries. Some of which have not changed for close to 1,000 years. You will never forget the Carnival like the atmosphere of Marrakesh at night. The huge square becomes a gigantic flea market – filled with numerous sellers of wears, ascorbates, people blowing fire out of their mouths, fortune tellers, and snake charmers playing their pungi (their wind instrument) to their cobras. This will be a highlight you will remember forever!
Come join us on our fantastic 20-Day Exotic Morocco, Spain, and Portugal Tour and cruise with Dr. Michael Wilcox. Moving to a Celebrity Cruise ship made the trip even better. Celebrity Cruise Line has been voted the BEST Premium Cruise Line! It is defiantly an upgrade from our original Royal Caribbean cruise ship. Better ship, better food, better experience! Between the cruise and tour, you will experience a Mediterranean Cruise, the very best of Spain, Portugal, Morocco, the Rock of Gibraltar, and the island of Palma De Mallorca.
Package Price Includes:
- 9-night Celebrity Infinity Cruise Ship with upgraded inside cabin.
- $250 in ship port charges and fees.
- $125.72 in ship taxes.
- All SHIP TIPS.
- Ship Drinks.
- Includes Wifi.
- Two flights:
- Marrakesh, Morocco to Madrid Spain.
- Madrid Spain to Barcelona Spain.
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Luxury Casablanca.
- 1 Night 4-Star Deluxe Hotel Fez.
- 2 Nights 5-Star Luxury Hotel Marrakesh, Morocco.
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel Madrid, Spain.
- 1 Night 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Lisbon, Portugal.
- 1 Night 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Barcelona, Spain.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff throughout the tour and cruise.
- Individual headset receivers.
- All tours, buses, guides & entrance fees during the Land portion of your tour.
- Guest Educator: Dr. Michael Wilcox.
- Option to purchase our discounted shore excursion package.
- Option to purchase our optional International airfare to Morocco and home from Spain.
Package Price: $6,595*
*Per person cash discount price,
based on double occupancy.
Does not include International airfare,
tips and shore excursions.
Airfare will be announce around 8 months prior to departure.
Day 1: September 23: Fly
Today we fly from the US to Casablanca Morocco.
Day 2: September 24: Casablanca, Morocco
Upon arrival, we will do a city tour before going to our 4-Star Deluxe Hotel
Day 3: September 25: Fez, Morocco
This morning early will drive the approx. 3.5 hours to the ancient wall city of Fez. Built-in the 8th century the old city and wall will be a huge highlight. Fez is authentic, like no other place in the world. Fez, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a city where the donkey and hand-pulled cart is still the only means of transportation. Many stores selling leather goods have been there for over 1,000 years. We will spend this afternoon and some of the evening in Fez.
Day 4: September 26: Fez – Casablanca, Morocco
We will spend most of the day finishing our tour of Old Fez and modern fez that dates to the 1300s. Then we will drive back to our Casablanca Hotel for the night. There is no simple way to get around in Morocco. There are no flights between Fez and Marakesh or Morocco that we would trust. The only way to travel is by bus. Casablanca is about in the middle between Fez and Marrakesh. That is why we will drive part way to Marrakesh today and overnight in Casablanca.
Day 5: September 27: Casablanca – Marrakesh, Morocco
This morning we will leave early for Marrakesh for our 2.5-hour drive to Marrakesh. Upon arrival, we will start our city tour that will include, its ancient walled city, the Berber museum, Koutoubia Mosque, and the Medina, before checking into our 5-Star luxury Hotel. In the evening we will visit Marrakesh’s famous Djemaa El Fna Square. Time to experience the greatest show on earth in Marrakesh’s main square. The hoopla and street performance have been non-stop since the 11th century. By nightfall, the whine of the snake charmers’ flutes, along with street performers, gypsies telling fortunes, fire breathers, musicians and food stalls are everywhere. Again, the word is authentic, an experience like no other in the world.
Day 6: September 28: Marrakesh, Morocco
Today is a full day to the nearby Atlas Mountains and three valley’s waterfalls along with visits to local villages. Overnight Marrakesh.
Day 7: September 29: Madrid
In Mid-morning we will head to the airport for our mid-day flight to Madrid. Upon arrival, we will do a small city tour before arriving at our 5-Star Luxury Hotel overnight.
Day 8: September 30: Segovia – Avila – Madrid
This morning we will head to the north of Madrid, crossing the rugged Sierra de Guadarrama on the way to Segovia, famous for its Alcazar and the 2,000-year-old Roman Aqueduct. We will then continue on to the walled and turreted town of Avila, where St. Theresa founded the Order of Carmelites. We will return to our 5-star hotel in Madrid.
Day 9: October 1: Toledo – Madrid – Barcelona
Toledo attracts more tourists than any other place in Spain. On a hill surrounded by a loop in the Tagus River stands this old capital. We will spend the morning touring Toledo and then head back to Madrid to finish Madrid. Upon arrival in Madrid, we will immediately tour the Plaza Espana, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, Paseo de Castellana, and if time permits visit the Royal Palace. Around 5:30 we will drive the short distance to the airport for our evening flight to Barcelona. Upon arrival, we will check into our 4-Star Deluxe hotel.
Day 10: October 2: Barcelona – Celebrity Cruise Ship
We will spend the day touring Barcelona and Gaudi. We will do a city tour along with a visit to the famous La Sagrada Familia Church (one of the most unique churches in the world), we will also visit the park and homes designed by Gaudi before checking into our Celebrity Cruise Ship.
Important Note: We will not be working fully on our discounted shore excursion package until fall this year. We can’t get bids and negotiate our lower prices until we are about one year out. We will have a full package of shore excisions at discounted prices below what the ship charges. For now, we are just listing the port of call.
Day 11: October 3: The island of Palma de Mallorca
Part of our discounted shore excursion package that will be announced later this fall.
Day 12: October 4: Valencia Spain
Part of our discounted shore excursion package that will be announced later this fall.
Day 13: October 5: At Sea
Fun day at Sea, along with a presentation from Dr. Michael Wilcox.
Day 14: October 6: Malaga, Spain
The ship has a full day in Malaga and then overnight for another full day before leaving. We will use today to take our passengers to the Rock of Gibraltar. Returning to overnight on the ship.
Day 15: October 7: Malaga, Spain
We will use today to tour one of our favorite villages in the world Ronda. We will also tour Malaga. The ship departs this evening for Seville.
Day 16: October 8: Cadiz, Spain
Today’s discounted shore excursion will travel the short distance to Seville, Spain for a full-day tour.
Day 17: October 9: At Sea
Fun day at Sea, along with a presentation from Dr. S. Michael Wilcox.
Day 18: October 10: Porto, Portugal
Today’s discounted shore excursion will be in Porto.
Day 19: October 11: Lisbon
Today’s discounted shore excursion will be in Lisbon. We disembark our cruise today. We will transfer to a hotel where we overnight.
Day 20: October 12: Fly Home
This morning we fly back to the U.S. and home.