European RomanceHolland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria & Germany plus the tiny country of Liechtenstein 17 day tour - June 15, 2018
Holland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria & Germany plus the tiny country of Liechtenstein
Filled with Romance, Castles, the Alps and History!
The Romance of Paris…The Castles of Europe…The History of Normandy…
The Beauty of the Alps…The Canals of Amsterdam…
See The Highlights of Your Tour!
- Amsterdam Netherlands / Holland: You will visit Amsterdam, take a ride through the canals and visit working windmills.
- Bruges Belgium: This ancient canal town, considered by many to be more impressive than Amsterdam (will be one of your highlights). You will also visit Brussels.
- Normandy Coast of France: You will visit the Normandy landing beaches of World War II and The American Cemetery.
- You will also experience the walled castle island of Mont Saint Michel (another highlight day).
- Romantic Paris France: We will visit Versailles (the Palace of the Kings of France), tour the Louvre, visit the Eiffel Tower, experience Notre Dame and a lot more.
- We will take a high-speed train from Paris into Switzerland.
- Explore the ancient Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva.
- Enjoy the fantastic quaint village of Zermatt located at the base of the Matterhorn.
- Experience the beauty of the Swiss Alps, German Alps and the Austrian Alps.
- You will visit Interlaken and stay in the beautiful village of Grindelwald at the base of Eiger.
- You can add another pin in the map when we stop in the tiny country of Liechtenstein.
- You will drive through one of the most majestic mountain passes in the world as you travel to Innsbruck to tour before heading into the German Alps.
- Oberammergau & Mad King Ludwig Castles in Germany: Oberammergau is a beautiful mountain village and home to the Passion Play that is performed every 10 years. You will also visit Linderhof Palace and Neuschwanstein Castle built by King Ludwig. Neuschwanstein Castle was the inspiration for the Disneyland castle.
- Add Munich and the concentration camp of Dachau and you have a very special tour you should not miss.
Package Price Includes:
- High speed train from Paris to Switzerland.
- Hotels on this tour are 4 & 5 star in the cities. The hotels in the Alpine villages: Zermat, Grindawald, Lucerne, and Oberammergau are 3- 31/2 star. It is worth the experience to stay in these quaint mountain villages even though they do not have 4 & 5 star hotels that can accommodate groups.
- All transfers to and from airports and your high speed train.
- All land taxes and booking fees.
- All tours, buses, guides and entrance fees.
- The Matterhorn cog wheel train.
- Lake Lucerne paddle boat.
- Cable car to Mannlichen.
- Cog wheel train to Wengen.
- $800 in entrance fees and train tickets.
- Guest educator: Jeff Lawson
- Fun For Less Tours staff that travels with you throughout – “We don’t send you, we take you!”
- “Whisper Perfect” headset receivers. You will be able to hear every word clearly spoken by your guides, even when you step away from the group to take that important picture!
Package Price: $3,795*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare and tips.
Salt Lake City round trip airfare: $1,548
If you need a quote from another city please contact our office.
You can also purchase your own airfare.
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: June 15: Fly from the US to Amsterdam
Day 2: June 16: Amsterdam
Early morning arrival into Amsterdam. We will spend the day touring Amsterdam and even explore the canals and visiting Ann Frank’s House. We will also visit a living village museum, with actual houses and working windmills dating back 100 years. We will overnight Amsterdam.
Day 3: June 17: Bruges – Brussels
Today we will take a two-hour drive to Brussels where we will experience the canal city of Bruges. The old city has kept its atmosphere of what it was like hundreds of years ago with its cobblestone streets, ancient canals and old houses. We will also take a tour of Brussels before returning to our hotel.
Day 4: June 18: Brussels – Normandy
We will drive through the Belgium countryside into France and down to the Normandy Coast. We will transfer to our hotel in Caen near the Normandy Beaches where we will stay for the next 3 nights.
Day 5: June 19: Normandy
Today’s tour includes the World War II Normandy Landing Beaches and The American Cemetery. We transfer back to our hotel after we are done touring.
Day 6: June 20: Mont Saint Michel
This will be another highlight day. Today we travel down the coast of France to the majestic island of Mont Saint Michel. This castle which looks like a walled city is located on an island just off of the coast of France. It was built approx. 700 years ago and today it looks and feels the same. We will return this evening to our hotel.
Day 7: June 21: Paris
This morning we will take our approx. 3 hour drive to Paris. Our stop today will be Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace and then head to our hotel in Paris.
Day 8: June 22: Paris
Today will be a full day tour of Paris. On our tour of Paris, we will visit the Louvre Museum and it’s Mona Lisa, tour Notre Dame Cathedral, visit the Eiffel Tower and have time to explore a little on your own. We overnight again in Paris. This afternoon we will send our check in luggage by bus to Switzerland. They will be waiting for us tomorrow when we arrive into Lausanne Switzerland on Lake Geneva.
Day 9: June 23: Paris – Switzerland – Zermatt
This morning early we will travel by high-speed train that will travel at 200 plus miles per hour to Lausanne to meet our buses. From there we will drive along Lake Geneva with a visit to Castle Chillon, one of the very important medieval fortifications in Switzerland. Late this afternoon you will arrive up the Rhone Valley and head for the very high alpine resort of Zermatt. We will spend two nights in Zermatt a village at the base of the Matterhorn.
Day 10: June 24: Zermatt
The day starts after breakfast with a leisurely stroll through this grand resort; you will see the large church and visit the separate mountain climbers cemetery; here you see the graves of those who perished while practicing their favorite sport. Stop at the memorial to those who climbed the Matterhorn for the first time and learn how they did it. Also see the old village with its cozy wooden houses. Now comes the absolute spectacular panoramic highlight of your tour. We take the cog-wheel mountain train which brings us high up to the Gornergrat at over 10,000 ft! Here you see the highest mountains of your trip, including the majestic Matterhorn. We will return by cog-wheel train. The rest of the day you can relax and shop the fantastic resort of Zermatt. Overnight Zermatt.
Day 11: June 25: Zermatt – Grindelwald
This morning we will drive through the Alps stopping at several charming villages. The beauty is unmatched as you travel through mountain passes down to the village of Interlaken. After a stop to explore we will head back into the Alps to the village of the Glaciers – Grindelwald. We will spend two nights in this quaint village.
Day 12: June 26: Grindelwald
Today is a highlight LOOKY-LOOKY day !! Our first stop is in Lauterbrunnen, where you will see jaw dropping rock formations and waterfalls. A little bit further, in this same valley, you visit the Trümmelbachfälle, a series of ten waterfalls “inside” the mountain !! It is one of the wonders of the world and even after seeing them, you will still not believe it….! Bring warm clothing and a rain jacket, it is cold and wet. Just after this, comes the next highlight. We take the cog-wheel train to Wengen and we stroll in this charming mountain resort. In January the longest downhill race, the “Lauberhorn” takes place on these slopes. The views will remain in your memory in the drawer of the “unforgettables”. You will enjoy the majestic wide-screen panorama of the Jungfrau Group from your train ride. It’s a fabulous day and you can pace it as you please. Overnight Grindelwald.
Day 13: June 27: Grindelwald – Luzern
Over the Brünig Pass you reach the Central Region of Switzerland. Lake Lucerne is without a doubt the most twisted one in the country, so we do a short , but nice boat ride until Lucerne. Once arrived we do sightseeing in the Swiss capital for Tourism. The Chapel Bridge and the Lion’s Memorial are just two of the lovely sights. Lucerne is the Swiss Shopping Paradise and the rest of the day is yours to do as you please.
Day 14: June 28: Luzern – Liechtenstein – Innsbruck – Oberammergau
Today we will stop at the tiny country of Liechtenstein on our way to Innsbruck where we will visit the Tomb of Emperor Maximilian and other great kings. The drive is one of the best drives in the world as we cross through the Alps of Switzerland into the Austrian Alps. After Innsbruck we head into the German Alps and the quaint village of Oberammergau. Oberammergau is the home of the Passion Play that only happens every 10 years. The village has hardly changed in over 400 years. We will spend two nights in Oberammergau.
Day 15: June 29: Oberammergau
A relaxing day! We drive to the splendid Wies-Church, a baroque-rococo jewel so stupendous, that it was put on the cultural list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. When we continue, you can soon gaze at another folly of King Ludwig II, Neuschwanstein Castle. With local minibuses, we will ascend the mountain and have a short walk to a spot where we have a splendid view of “Cinderella’s castle”, We will then visit this “romantic dream”, built to revive the German Epic Sagas. We will return early afternoon to Oberammergau where you will have time to explore and shop.
Day 16: June 30: Oberammergau – Munich
This morning we will travel through the German Alps to Munich for our city tour and a visit to the concentration camp – Dachau. We will overnight near the airport as you fly home tomorrow.
Day 17: July 1: Fly Home