European Romance16 day tour - May 16, 2021
This fantastic tour includes four countries. You will visit Switzerland, France, Germany and the tiny country of Liechtenstein.
The Alps are one of the most beautiful mountains in the world! Your tour will experience the beauty of the Swiss Alps and the German Alps. The Alps are like a diamond – Marvelous, Multifaceted, Mystical, Magnificent, and Mesmerizing!
SEE THE HIGHLIGHTS OF YOUR TOUR!
- Normandy Coast of France: You will visit the Normandy Landing Beaches of World War II and The American Cemetery.
- Mont Saint Michel. You will experience the walled castle island of Mont Saint Michel (a highlight day).
- Romantic Paris, France: We will visit Versailles (the Palace of the Kings of France), tour the Louvre, visit the Eiffel Tower, see Notre Dame, the Paris Temple, and more.
- Take a high-speed train to Paris.
- Enjoy the fantastic quaint village of Zermatt, located at the base of the Matterhorn.
- You will stay in the beautiful village of Grindelwald at the base of Eiger.
- You will enjoy a fantastic day in the mountains around Grindelwald as you witness waterfalls inside a mountain, take a cogwheel train ride, and a cable car to the top of a mountain.
- You can add another pin on the map when we stop in the tiny country of Liechtenstein.
Package Price Includes:
- The 16 Day European Romance Tour Package Includes:
- 2 nights 4 Star Deluxe Hotel in Munich.
- 2 nights 4 Star Oberammergau Hotel
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel near the Normandy Landing Beaches.
- 3 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel Paris.
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel Strasbourg.
- 2 Nights 3.5-Star First Class Hotel Grindelwald.
- 1 Night 4- Star Deluxe Hotel Lausanne.
- High-Speed Train to Paris.
- Cogwheel Train Ride.
- Cable Car Ride.
- All tours, buses, guides, and entrance fees.
- Guest Educator: TBA
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
- “Whisper perfect” headset receivers. You will hear everything even when you step away to take that important picture.
Package Price: $5,495*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
This is a partial list and is subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: May 16: Fly to Munich
We depart our home and travel to Munich.
Day 2: May 17: Munich
After arriving into Munich we will do a city tour of Munich. Overnight Munich.
Day 3: May 18: Munich
This morning we will drive 2 hours to Salzburg, Austria. We will spend the time touring Salzburg. While in Salzburg you may feel as if you have slipped into “The Sound Of Music.” Late this afternoon we will drive back to Munich.
Day 4: May 19: Munich – Oberammergau
This morning we will travel into the German Alps. Where we plan, if possible to visit Neuschwanstein Castle, which was the inspiration for Disney’s “Sleeping Beauty Castle”. Then we will go to Oberammergau where we will be staying for the next two nights.
Day 5: May 20: Oberammergau
This morning we will drive to the Linderhof Palace. Then we will return to Oberammergau where you will be able to have some free time to explore this quaint village.
Day 6: May 21: Oberammergau – Lichtenstein – Grindelwald
This morning we will drive through the German Alps to the tiny country of Lichtenstein. Then we will visit Lucerne, Switzerland. Later we will head deep into the Swiss Alps to the picturesque village of Grindelwald.
Day 7: May 22: Grindelwald
Today is a big highlight day!! We will drive into a beautiful glacier-cut valley where you will see jaw-dropping rock formations and waterfalls. A little bit further, in this same valley, you visit the Trümmelbachfälle, a series of ten waterfalls “inside” the mountain!! It is truly one of the natural wonders of the world. Then we will drive to the Lauterbrunnen train station where we take a cogwheel train to Kleine Schediegg. You will enjoy the majestic wide-screen panoramic view of the Jungfrau Group during your train ride. Overnight Grindelwald.
Day 8: May 23: Grindelwald – Zermatt
We will depart our hotel early morning for the train station that will take us to Zermatt. The train will take us through Switzerland’s beautiful Alps. On arrival, we will have free time to enjoy this picturesque town and the Matterhorn. There will also be an additional option at an extra cost for those who want to take the cogwheel mountain train up to the Gornergrat at over 10,000 feet! From there you have the opportunity to see the highest mountains of your trip, including a majestic view of the Matterhorn. After our visit to Zermatt, we continue to Lausanne where we will overnight.
Day 9: May 24: Lausanne – Bern – Strasbourg
This morning we will travel to Bern where we will do a city tour of the old town. Then we will continue to Strasbourg, France to overnight.
Day 10: May 25: Strasbourg
We will have a half-day walking tour, with a free afternoon to explore this charming Frenchtown. Definitely one of the highlights of the entire tour!
Day 11: May 26: Strasbourg – Paris
This morning we will travel by high-speed train to Paris. Upon arrival, we will do a city tour. Overnight in Paris.
Day 12: May 27: Paris – Normandy
This will be another highlight day. We will drive to the Normandy Beaches. The tour will include the World War II Normandy Landing Beaches and The American Cemetery. We then drive to Caen near the Normandy Beaches, where we will overnight.
Day 13: May 28: Mont Saint Michel
Today we travel to the majestic island of Mont Saint Michel. This castle, which looks like a walled city, is located on an island just off the coast of France. It was built approx. 700 years ago and today it looks and feels the same. Later this afternoon we will drive back to our hotel.
Day 14: May 29: Paris
This morning we will drive to Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace. Later we will visit the Paris Temple before heading back to Paris.
Day 15: May 30: Paris
Today will be a full-day tour of Paris. On our tour of Paris, we will visit the Louvre Museum and its Mona Lisa, visit the Eiffel Tower and have time to explore a little on your own. We overnight again in Paris.
Day 16: May 31: Fly home
This morning we will head to the airport for your flight back to the US and home. You will arrive home on the same day.