European RomanceHolland, Belgium, France, Switzerland & Germany plus the tiny country of Liechtenstein 17 day tour - August 16, 2019
Holland, Belgium, France, Switzerland & Germany plus the tiny country of Liechtenstein
Filled with Romance, Castles, the Alps and History!
The Romance of Paris…The Castles of Europe…The History of Normandy…
The Beauty of the Alps…The Canals of Amsterdam…
See The Highlights of Your Tour!
- Amsterdam Netherlands / Holland: You will visit Amsterdam, take a ride through the canals and visit working windmills.
- Bruges Belgium: This ancient canal town, considered by many to be more impressive than Amsterdam (will be one of your highlights). You will also visit Brussels.
- Normandy Coast of France: You will visit the Normandy landing beaches of World War II and The American Cemetery.
- You will also experience the walled castle island of Mont Saint Michel (another highlight day).
- Romantic Paris France: We will visit Versailles (the Palace of the Kings of France), tour the Louvre, visit the Eiffel Tower, experience Notre Dame and a lot more.
- We will take a high-speed train from Paris into Strasbourg.
- Explore the charming town of Strasbourg.
- Enjoy the fantastic quaint village of Zermatt located at the base of the Matterhorn.
- Experience the beauty of the Swiss Alps and German Alps.
- You will visit Interlaken and stay in the beautiful village of Grindelwald at the base of Eiger.
- You can add another pin in the map when we stop in the tiny country of Liechtenstein before driving to the German Alps.
- Oberammergau & Mad King Ludwig Castles in Germany: Oberammergau is a beautiful mountain village and home to the Passion Play that is performed every 10 years. You will also visit Linderhof Palace and Neuschwanstein Castle built by King Ludwig. Neuschwanstein Castle was the inspiration for the Disneyland castle.
- Add Munich and the concentration camp of Dachau and you have a very special tour you should not miss.
Package Price Includes:
- High speed train from Paris to Strasbourg.
- Hotels on this tour are 4 & 5 star in the cities. The hotels in the Alpine villages: Grindelwald and Oberammergau are 3- 31/2 star. It is worth the experience to stay in these quaint mountain villages even though they do not have 4 & 5 star hotels that can accommodate groups.
- All transfers to and from airports and your high speed train.
- All land taxes and booking fees.
- All tours, buses, guides and entrance fees.
- The Matterhorn cog wheel train.
- Cable car to Mannlichen.
- Cog wheel train to Wengen.
- $900 in entrance fees and train tickets.
- Guest educator: Jack Marshall.
- Fun For Less Tours staff that travels with you throughout – “We don’t send you, we take you!”
- “Whisper Perfect” headset receivers. You will be able to hear every word clearly spoken by your guides, even when you step away from the group to take that important picture!
Package Price: $4589*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare and tips.
Airfare pricing to be announced around 10 months prior to departure.
If you need a quote from another city please contact our office.
You can also purchase your own airfare.
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: August 16: Fly from the US to Amsterdam
Day 2: August 17: Amsterdam
Early morning arrival into Amsterdam. We will spend the day touring Amsterdam and even explore the canals and visiting Ann Frank’s House. We will also visit a living village museum, with actual houses and working windmills dating back 100 years. We will overnight Amsterdam.
Day 3: August 18: Bruges – Brussels
Today we will take a two-hour drive to Brussels where we will experience the canal city of Bruges. The old city has kept its atmosphere of what it was like hundreds of years ago with its cobblestone streets, ancient canals and old houses. We will also take a tour of Brussels before returning to our hotel.
Day 4: August 19: Brussels – Normandy
We will drive through the Belgium countryside into France and down to the Normandy Coast. We will transfer to our hotel in Caen near the Normandy Beaches where we will stay for the next 3 nights.
Day 5: August 20: Normandy
Today’s tour includes the World War II Normandy Landing Beaches and The American Cemetery. We transfer back to our hotel after we are done touring.
Day 6: August 21: Mont Saint Michel
This will be another highlight day. Today we travel down the coast of France to the majestic island of Mont Saint Michel. This castle which looks like a walled city is located on an island just off of the coast of France. It was built approx. 700 years ago and today it looks and feels the same. We will return this evening to our hotel.
Day 7: August 22: Paris
This morning we will take our approx. 3 hour drive to Paris. Our stop today will be Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace and then head to our hotel in Paris.
Day 8: August 23: Paris
Today will be a full day tour of Paris. On our tour of Paris, we will visit the Louvre Museum and it’s Mona Lisa, tour Notre Dame Cathedral, visit the Eiffel Tower and have time to explore a little on your own. We overnight again in Paris. This afternoon we will send our check in luggage by bus to Strasbourg. They will be waiting for us tomorrow when we arrive into Strasbourg, France.
Day 9: August 24: Paris – Strasbourg
We will have a free morning in Paris. We will then travel by high-speed train direct to Strasbourg to meet our buses. From there we will head to our hotel to overnight.
Day 10: August 25: Strasbourg
We will have a half day walking tour, with a free afternoon to explore this charming french town. Definitely one of the highlights of the entire tour!
Day 11: August 26: Strasbourg – Bern – Grindelwald
We will depart in the morning and head to Bern for a two hour walking tour. After a stop to explore we will head into the Alps to the village of the Glaciers – Grindelwald. We will spend three nights in this quaint village.
Day 12: August 27: Grindelwald – Zermatt – Grindelwald
We will depart our hotel early morning for a short drive to the train station. We will take the train to Zermatt where we travel through Switerland’s beautiful Alps. Now comes the absolute spectacular panoramic highlight of your tour. We take the cog-wheel mountain train which brings us high up to the Gornergrat at over 10,000 ft! Here you see the highest mountains of your trip, including the majestic Matterhorn. We will return by cog-wheel train. And then take the train back to Grindelwald where we arrive back to our hotel late this evening..
Day 13: August 28: Grindelwald
Today is a highlight LOOKY-LOOKY day !! Our first stop is in Lauterbrunnen, where you will see jaw dropping rock formations and waterfalls. A little bit further, in this same valley, you visit the Trümmelbachfälle, a series of ten waterfalls “inside” the mountain !! It is one of the wonders of the world and even after seeing them, you will still not believe it….! Bring warm clothing and a rain jacket, it is cold and wet. Just after this, comes the next highlight. We take the cog-wheel train to Wengen and we stroll in this charming mountain resort. In January the longest downhill race, the “Lauberhorn” takes place on these slopes. The views will remain in your memory in the drawer of the “unforgettables”. You will enjoy the majestic wide-screen panorama of the Jungfrau Group from your train ride. It’s a fabulous day and you can pace it as you please. Overnight Grindelwald.
Day 14: August 29: Luzern – Liechtenstein – Oberammergau
Over the Brünig Pass you reach the Central Region of Switzerland. We will make a short stop at Lake Lucerne, which is one of the most scenic in the country. Afterwards we will head to the tiny country of Liechtenstein to make another short visit. The day will continue with a beautiful drive as we head into the German Alps and the quaint village of Oberammergau. Oberammergau is the home of the Passion Play that only happens every 10 years. The village has hardly changed in over 400 years. We will spend two nights in Oberammergau.
Day 15: August 30: Oberammergau
A relaxing day! We drive to the splendid Wies-Church, a baroque-rococo jewel so stupendous, that it was put on the cultural list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. When we continue, you can soon gaze at another folly of King Ludwig II, Neuschwanstein Castle. With local minibuses, we will ascend the mountain and have a short walk to a spot where we have a splendid view of “Cinderella’s castle”, We will then visit this “romantic dream”, built to revive the German Epic Sagas. We will return early afternoon to Oberammergau where you will have time to explore and shop.
Day 16: August 31: Oberammergau – Munich
This morning we will travel through the German Alps to Munich for our city tour and a visit to the concentration camp – Dachau. We will overnight near the airport as you fly home tomorrow.
Day 17: September 1: Fly Home