Christmas MarketsFirst Time Ever! Danube Cruise 12 day cruise/tour - November 29, 2019
World’s BEST Christmas Markets Cruise
Boy, do we have a treat for you. We have worked out a special cruise with AmaWaterways, along with a creative land itinerary that will bring you the best of the best Christmas Markets in Europe. All the towns and villages throughout Europe create stunning light displays along with wonderful Christmas Markets in the old town squares. The tradition of Christmas Markets in the town squares has been going on in Europe for hundreds of years. There are literally thousands upon thousands of Christmas Markets all over Europe. Every old town square throughout Europe has their old town square filled with Christmas Markets. The idea of traditional Christmas Markets has even spread to other areas of the world. We have had many requests, over the years, to put together a Christmas Markets tour in Europe. We have done better than that, we have put together a fantastic Christmas Markets Cruise.
Experiencing the BEST Christmas Markets in the world is a great excuse for taking this special tour and cruise – but, it does not mean that is all we are going to do is visit Christmas Markets. This special tour has so much more to offer: A 5-star Luxury Cruise on the Danube, sailing the most popular sections of the Danube, UNESCO World Heritage sites, medieval walled cities, fantastic castles, opulent palaces, cobblestone streets, villages that are hundreds of years old and staggeringly beautiful Christmas lights. The Christmas Markets is the icing on the cake and the wonderful, included tours, you will enjoy each day, is the cake. The combination is out of this world. This will be the perfect Christmas dessert to serve yourself and others in 2019.
We combined a wonderful cruise on the most popular section of the Danube River with a Christmas Markets land tour. Between the two you will enjoy many UNESCO World Heritage Sites, explore medieval villages and walled cities, tour castles and palaces, AND experience the BEST Christmas Markets in the world. This is the first time we have offered a Christmas Markets Cruise & Tour. We will be flying to Strasbourg France the day after Thanksgiving. Our whole tour is only 12 days long. There are so many parties and things going on in December, we really didn’t want to take our passengers away from home for too long. You depart November 29th and return home December 10th. You can buy all your Christmas gifts from the Christmas Markets. Why sit home and search the internet or go to the mall to do your Christmas shopping. Your family and friends will treasure their Christmas gifts when they find out you went all the way to Europe to do your Christmas shopping.
We really do include the BEST Christmas Markets
We looked at 3 lists that rated the top 10 Christmas Markets in the world: CNN’s list, Condé Nast’s list, and Lux Adventure Travel’s list. Out of literally thousands of Christmas Markets, only the very best can make it onto a top 10 list. Three of the places you will visit made it on these top 10 lists as a #1 and a 4th market made it on all three lists in the top 5. We really are visiting the very BEST!
Here is what is included on our Land Portion of this trip
- Strasbourg France: On CNN’s List, Strasbourg France was voted the #1 Christmas Markets in the world. Strasbourg is considered by many to be the home of the first ever Christmas Markets held in the 1400’s, they have continually held Christmas Markets since 1570. Strasbourg is possibly one of the most picturesque cities in France. The Old section of Strasbourg is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Prague: On Condé Nast’s top 10 list, Prague was voted the #1 city for Christmas Markets in the world. The old town is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Between the old town and the castle, this will be one of your favorite cities in the world.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: It is Germany’s best-preserved ancient walled city dating from the 12th century. When we were last there our guide pointed out his home. His family had continually occupied the home since the 1300’s. It didn’t make it into the top 10 but did make it into some top 20 lists. Not bad when you consider the number of Christmas Markets.
On our Cruise Portion of this Trip:
- Nuremberg, Germany. Voted #1 Christmas Markets in the world by Lux Adventure Travel. Considered the world’s largest and most famous Christmas Markets in the world. We board our 5-star luxury river cruise ship in Nuremberg. Nuremberg will impress you and be a town you will remember.
- Regensburg, Germany: One of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities, as well as being a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy one of Bavaria’s most beautiful and romantic Christmas Markets at Thurn and Taxis Palace.
- Picturesque Passau: A fairy-tale city-founded more than 2,000 years ago. At Christmas time the city dresses in her Bavarian holiday splendor.
- Linz, Austria: Linz is known for being the city of Christmas Crèches (Nativities). Linz’s old town is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Melk – Durnstein – Krems: We will visit the magnificent Benedictine Abby (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and sail through the most picturesque section of the Danube – the breathtaking Wachau Valley.
- Vienna, Austria: On all three lists Vienna was #2 or #3 or #4. It really is the next best Christmas Markets town. Vienna is the home of music and palaces. This will all be a highlight day.
We have combined a fantastic Exotic Danube River Cruise with a wonderful Christmas Markets Tour. There is not room enough to express how fantastic this tour is. You will be sailing in luxury on an AmaWaterways’ ship. It just doesn’t get any better than this. You’re going to absolutely love the most popular section of the Danube River to cruise. The highlight will be the Christmas Markets in all the town squares all over Europe. This cruise was not easy to get. There are only a few prime weeks of Christmas Markets cruising. We had to work hard to land one of them. It is a miracle they would still honor our special discount which allowed our company the ability to save all of our passengers $700 to $1,000 a person.
We had several goals when we started negotiating with river cruise lines in Europe to take our groups:
- #1: Quality of ship: AmaWaterways has won almost everyone’s award as the best cruise line in Europe, even beating out Viking.
- #2: Shore excursions: Shore excursions are included with River Cruising in Europe. The issue is the quality of the shore excursions. They often do short city or walking tours, skipping the sites that have expensive entrance fees and almost daily they end up stopping at a winery for wine tasting. They also sell premium tours that will include some of the top places to visit, but these tours cost additional money. ***THIS IS BIG – AmaWaterways has agreed to allow Fun For Less Tours to design our own shore excursions. The Fun for Less Tours’ owners are spending a month in Europe in 2018 visiting AmaWaterways’ ports of call on both the Rhine and Danube Rivers to design our own private ENHANCED PREMIUM shore excursions. YOU will receive $200 plus worth of PREMIUM shore excursion!
- #3: Lower the pricing: By doing 60% to Full Charters, or full charters, we were able to save our passengers up to $800 PER PERSON! On some sailings, AmaWaterways offers $250 per person discount, but NO ONE EVER offers a $500 to $800 per person discount. You also are getting $200 plus worth of PREMIUM shore excursions. Altogether, you are saving between $700 and $1,000 per person on this sailing. When you consider the extra costs to do ENHANCED PREMIUM shore excursions the ship would sell this for $50 or more per premium tour. We really are saving you hundreds more on shore excursions! You are also getting the bonus, at no additional cost, a fantastic guest educator and tour managers that will stay with you from start to finish.
Look at OUR special savings over the cruise lines prices for 2019 Cabins
- Upgraded Cat D Two Large Port Hole Windows – 160 square feet:
- 2019 Ship Price: $3,398 MINUS our $500 savings – you pay $2,898 pp.
- Cat C French Balcony – 170 square feet:
- 2019 Ship Price: $3,998 MINUS our $600 savings – you pay $3,398 pp.
- Average of Cat BB&BA Double Balcony Mini Suites – 210 square feet:
- 2019 Ship Price: $4,598 MINUS our $800 savings – you pay 3,798 pp.
- To get the savings needed to lower the price for our customers and do our own designed enhanced shore excursions, we committed to buying a minimum of 50% of the cabins on this sailing. This guarantee created the huge discounts, the cruise line needs charters to be sold in advance of normal sales. That means we need to sell our portion of the ship now so we can pass the savings on to you! When you consider you save up to $800 per person on the cruise along with over $200 in our special ENHANCED PREMIUM shore excursions, your total savings can reach $2,000 per couple AND you get a great educator and tour managers to travel with you throughout at no additional cost!
***Important note: between 2019 and 2020, we have already sold over 20 ships with AmaWaterways. We have had multiple sailings for some of our itineraries. When we sell out one, we can add another. This is not going to happen with our Christmas Markets Cruise. We are offering only one Christmas Markets cruise/tour. When it is sold out, we will not be able to add another one in 2019! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR – CALL US NOW!
Package Price Includes:
Our package price is a combination of two packages: The BEST part of the Danube River Cruise (with savings up to $1000 per person) AND our special Christmas Markets Land Tour and Hotel Package. ADDED BONUS: We have hired our own buses and drivers that will be with us from the time we arrive into Strasbourg until we depart in Prague.
Our AmaWaterways Danube River Cruise Package Includes:
- 8 days 7-night sailing on a 5-star luxury river boat from Nuremberg, Germany to Vienna, Austria.
- 160 square foot Category D cabin with two large porthole windows.
- ENHANCED PREMIUM Shore Excursions designed by Fun For Less Tours.
- Special Guest Educator: Dr. S. Michael Wilcox
- Three quality meals onboard the ship every day.
- Free internet.
- Free movies.
- Bottled water, fluffy bathrobes, and slippers to use in each cabin.
- All bicycles and helmets on board are free to use.
- Option to upgrade cabin to a 170 square foot French Balcony Cabin for $500 more.
- Option to upgrade to 210 square foot Double Balcony Cabin for $900 more.
Danube River Cruise Package Price Cat D: $2,898
PLUS, Ship Port and Taxes: $188
Total Ship Price: $3,086
Our 4 Day 3 Night Christmas Markets Land Package:
- Deluxe hotel in Strasbourg, France.
- Deluxe hotel in Prague.
- All transfers, if you arranged your flight times on or before our Fun For Less group flights.
- Tours in Strasbourg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber and Prague.
- All guides, buses and entrance fees related to your Christmas Markets land tours.
- Guest Educator: Dr. S. Michael Wilcox.
- Fun For Less Staff.
- Whisper Perfect headset receivers.
Package Price: $3,985*
*Cruise Package: $3,086
Land Package: $899
Total of both Packages: $3,985*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
Day 1: November 29: Fly to Strasbourg
Today we will fly from our home to Strasbourg, France.
Day 2: November 30: Strasbourg
After our arrival into Strasbourg we will begin touring. Strasbourg is possibly one of the most picturesque cities in France. The old section is a World Heritage Site. We will also visit their Christmas Market. Strasbourg is considered to be the home of the first ever Christmas Markets held in the 1400’s. They have continually held Christmas markets since 1570.
Day 3: December 1: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
This morning we will drive to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, which is Germany’s best preserved ancient walled city dating from the 12th century. We will explore this city including their Christmas Market. Then we will drive to Nuremberg where we will board our cruise ship. The ship will stay the night in Nuremberg.
Day 4: December 2: Nuremberg
Today we will do a tour of the WWII highlights and then walk through Nuremberg’s cobblestone streets to the Imperial Castle and 900-year-old city ramparts. We will also visit Nuremberg’s Christkindlesmarkt, one of the world’s largest and most famous Christmas Markets. Browse through over 100 red and white canvas-topped booths offering an assortment of unique treasures, toys and seasonal goodies. Later in the day, cruise through the man-made marvel, the Main-Danube Canal.
Day 5: December 3: Regensburg
Regensburg is one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities, as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Join a guided walking tour showcasing the city’s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria, before visiting the Old Town Christmas Market. Later in the day, you’ll be treated to one of Bavaria’s most beautiful and romantic Christmas Markets at Thurn and Taxis Castle, where you can watch craftsmen make their unique arts and crafts
Day 6: December 4: Passau
Picturesque Passau, a fairytale city founded more than 2,000 years ago is noted for its Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture. During the season of Advent, the city dresses in her Bavarian holiday splendor, which you will discover on your walking tour through the city and at its Christmas Market at St. Stephen’s Square— also home to its magnificent cathedral. Go in search of unique crafts, including Bavarian-style houses and glass ornaments.
Day 7: December 5: Linz, Austria
Linz is known for being the city of Christmas crèches and its ever-popular Linzer Torte. Today will be a full-day visit to magnificent Salzburg dressed in her holiday best. Enjoy a walking tour of UNESCO-designated Old Town, its magnificent cathedral, inspired by St. Peter’s Cathedral at the Vatican and its Christmas Market, which is a feast for the senses.
Day 8: December 6: Melk – Durnstein – Krems
The magnificent Benedictine Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage Site is on full display for your enjoyment. On your tour, you will see jewel-encrusted crosses containing religious relics, frescoes and richly embroidered vestments, as well as the abbey’s priceless collection of medieval manuscripts in its famous library. Later in the day, set sail through the breathtaking Wachau Valley.
Day 9: December 7: Vienna
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems just waiting to be discovered. Join a tour showcasing its regal splendors, such as the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna’s historic city center. Afterwards, you’ll visit the Rathaus (Town Hall) Christmas Market. During the afternoon, visit the Karlsplatz (Artisans) Christmas Market, a local favorite, and the market at Schönbrunn Palace with a giant sparkling Christmas tree.
Day 10: December 8: Vienna – Prague
Today we will disembark the cruise and travel to Prague. Upon arrival we will spend the afternoon exploring our second favorite city in Europe – Prague.
Day 11: December 9: Prague
Today we will finish touring Prague. We will explore the castle area, take a cruise on the Moldau River, and explore the old town. We will also visit the Christmas market. Overnight Prague.
Day 12: December 10: Fly Home
This morning we will transfer to the airport to catch our flight back to the United States.