British Isles Land Tour14 day tour - August 24, 2020
England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland & Northern Ireland.
Major Cities Visited:
Ireland: Dublin. Northern Ireland: Belfast, Giants Causeway. Scotland: Edinburgh. Wales: Conwy. England: York, Preston, Windermere, Grasmere, Liverpool, Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, Stonehenge, Windsor and London.
- Major Tour Highlights: Book of Kells in Dublin, Giants Causeway, one of the best coastal drives in the world along the Irish Coast, Titanic Museum in Belfast, Scottish Highlands, St. Andrews golf course, Edinburgh’s Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, Medieval walled city of York, Preston Temple, Preston, boat ride on Lake Windermere, Wales Countryside, Albert Docks in Liverpool, Conwy Castle and walled city, Stratford Upon Avon, Oxford, Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Tower of London and more.
- Tour managers throughout.
- Special Guest Educator: Glenn Rawson.
We have designed the perfect land tour of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales & England.
A Great Choice at a GREAT price. You can see so much more on a land tour compared to a cruise. Here is a partial list of what you will see and experience that you will not get on our British Isles Cruise: The Scottish Highlands, St. Andrews Golf Course, the ancient medieval walled city of York, Preston Temple & Conwy Castle in Wales.
This is a fantastic itinerary with great hotels! Tourist class is a 2 star; First class is a 3 star, Deluxe is a four-star, and luxury hotels are a 5-star. Most tour companies include tourist class or first class hotels. The quality of your hotels can make or break a tour in Europe as many 2, and 3-star hotels are old and not what an American is used to. We have handpicked our hotels that are quality 4-star deluxe hotels. We even spend our two nights in Edinburgh in the best location, right in the middle of the Royal Mile!
- In Ireland: Dublin, the Book of Kells, and the Irish countryside.
- In Northern Ireland: Belfast, The northern coast (one of the top 5 coastal drives in the world), Giants Causeway, Titanic Museum in Belfast and a flight from Belfast to Edinburgh, Scotland.
- In Scotland: Edinburgh, Edinburgh Castle, the famous Royal Mile, St. Andrews, the Scottish Highlands and a high-speed train from Edinburgh to York.
- In Wales: The Wales countryside, Conwy Castle and the walled city of Conwy.
- In England: Walled city of York, Preston, Preston Temple, Windermere Lake boat ride, Grasmere, Liver Pool, Albert Dock, Stratford Upon-Avon, Oxford, Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Windsor, Runnymede, Tower of London, London, & the English countryside.
Package Price Includes:
Important Note: Many travel companies show a low price, but by the time you add everything in, they become expensive. Our pricing is a package that will actually give you more for less! Below we have listed what is included in our discounted package price.
- Deluxe hotels in Belfast, Edinburgh, Preston, Stratford & London.
- We stay in one of the very few hotels located right on the prestigious Royal Mile.
- 50 minute Air flight from Belfast to Edinburgh. Avoids a 9 hour bus ride to Edinburgh.
- 2.5-hour high-speed train Edinburgh to York. Avoids 8-hour bus ride.
- All transfers to and from airports.
- All taxes and booking fees.
- Entrance fees and tours throughout.
- All tours, buses, guides and entrance fees.
- Explore the following castles: Tower of London, Windsor Castle, Edinburgh Castle and Conwy Castle.
- Special Guest Educator: Glenn Rawson.
- Fun For Less Tours staff that travel with you throughout – “We don’t send you, we take you!”
- “Whisper Perfect” headset receivers. You will be able to hear every word clearly spoken by your guides, even when you step away from the group to take that important picture!
Package Price: $3,695*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy. Does not include International air & tips.
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Today we will drive to Liverpool and the famous Albert Dock which were used by many immigrants as they left England for the US. We will return to Preston to do a short city tour with a photo stop at the LDS Preston Temple.
Day 8: August 31: Lake District – Glasgow Another reason a land tour is the best way to go. You cannot visit the Lake District from a cruise ship! This morning we will head north into the Lake District of England. This is possibly the most beautiful part of England with its lush hills and lakes. We will stop at Windermere located on Lake Windermere. From here we will take a paddle steamer boat ride. We will also visit the tiny village of Grasmere where authors like Wordsworth lived and wrote. We will then return to Preston to overnight.
Day 9: September 1: York York is one of the reasons you want to do a land tour! You cannot visit York from a cruise ship. No where in northern England says ‘medieval’ quite like YORK, a city of extraordinary cultural and historical wealth that has lost little of its medieval luster! Its medieval spider’s web of narrow streets is enclosed by a magnificent circuit of 13th-century walls. At the heart of the city lies the immense, awe-inspiring minster, one of the most beautiful Gothic Cathedrals in the world. This will be a highlight day!!! We will then take a train to Edinburgh to overnight.
Day 11: September 3: Scottish highlands – Belfast Today we will drive through the stunning scottish highlands. On the drive we will drive pass the beautiful Loch Lomond. We will also visit St Andrews Golf course. St Andrews is considered by many “the home of golf”. There will not be time to play a round but you will be able to take some pictures and visit the pro shop. We will then continue to the airport to fly to Belfast late afternoon/evening and overnight outside the city.