Christmas in BransonLIVE SHOW CAPITAL OF THE WORLD! 7 day 6 night trip - December 3, 2018
The owners of Fun for Less Tours were in Branson 4 times in the last two years, twice to prepare for future groups and twice with groups. You need to know they love Branson! They find the Branson experience more fun and enjoyable than Broadway. You can’t compare one show like “Wicked” to any one show in Branson, but the sheer enjoyment and fun of Branson overall, outweighs Broadway. Then there is the gigantic price differences. Branson shows are usually between $30 and $40 for prime center seats and around $60 for Dinner Shows and Silver Dollar City’s two shows. Compare that to one show on Broadway for prime center seating (if you can get them) they can easily cost $200 to $400 per show. Several of the shows we attended during our week of previewing shows, had groups from Utah attending the same show. In all cases, those groups were sitting in the back section of the theater and one time even on the back rows. We never buy the cheap seats – all of our seats start on row 2 and go back in the center section. We buy the best seats!!!!
We preview the shows for you, before we take you!
Jim and Carol (owners of Fun For Less Tours) went to Branson to preview the Christmas Shows we would be taking you to this year. Previewing the shows ahead of time is critical to offering the best experience possible. The biggest problem in Branson is the sheer number of shows. There are often 100 shows going on in Branson. Of that number, maybe 20 are great, and another 10 are good, the rest can be ok to less than ok. When choosing shows to preview, we looked at lists of shows offered by other companies from Utah, along with Trip Advisors recommendations. We also called those living and working in the show business in Branson, for their recommendations. Many of the shows on other Utah companies lists fell to the bottom of our list after seeing all of the shows. We chose not to take our passengers to ‘The Presley’s,’ ‘Shoji Tabuchi Christmas Show,’ ‘Hallmark’s Maxine Christmas Carol’ and more. Many of these shows were okay, but definitely not great. We chose the BEST SHOWS.
Package Price Includes:
- 6 nights in a wonderful Deluxe Boutique Hotel in a great location.
- 14 Branson shows plays and musicals. We have included the Trip Advisor’s Rating. Many shows that are rated on Trip advisor are not there at Christmas Time and others we really did not like. Below are the shows we plan to attend all in Prime center seating and when applicable Trip Advisor Ratings.
- Sounds & Lights Theater – Sampson the musical, as good as anything you will see on Broadway – Rated #1 on Trip Advisor.
- The Haygoods Christmas Show – Rated #2 on Trip Advisor.
- SIX Christmas Show – Rated #5 on Trip Advisor.
- Dixie Stampede Dinner Show – Rated #6 on Trip Advisor.
- Magic of Rich Thomas – Rated #7 on Trip Advisor.
- George Dyer Christmas Show – Rated #8 on Trip Advisor.
- Clay Cooper Christmas Show – Rated #9 on Trip Advisor.
- Dutton Family Christmas Show – Rated #17 on Trip Advisor.
- Hughes Brothers Christmas Show – normally rated #20 on Trip Advisor – BUT rated #1 for 9 years in a row for BEST Christmas Show!!!
- Christmas Wonderland – not rated as it is Christmas only (similar to the Rockets).
- Brett’s Christmas – voted best morning show – not rated as it is Christmas only.
- Silver Dollar City Theme Park – over 6 Million Lights and two fantastic Broadway-quality musicals’: USA Today named them “Best Theme Park Holiday (Christmas) Event”. ABC’s Good Morning America declared it one of the top five holiday events in the country and CNN.com called it one of the “world’s top holiday destinations”. We will enjoy the lights and two musicals.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – musical.
- Christmas Carol – musical.
- The Andy Williams Christmas Show with the Osmond’s & Lennon Sisters – not rated as it is Christmas only.
- Buses to take us to the shows and downtown Branson for shopping.
- Tour Managers throughout your stay and shows.
Package Price: $1,299*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare and tips. Transfers are included in the tour if you arrive and return around the group flights. The group flights are always subject to change with whatever the airlines do. If you arrive at a different time than the main group you will be responsible for your 1 hour transfer cost on your own expense each way.
Day 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6: December 4th – 8th: Branson
Over the next 5 days we will see the different Branson shows and visit Silver Dollar City.
Day 6: December 9th: Fly Home
This morning we will transfer to the Springfield, Missouri airport to fly home. (Transfers are included if you arrive when the main group arrives. If you return earlier than the main group you will be responsible for your 1 hour transfer cost on your own expense.)