2020 Rome & Paris Templeswith Oberammergau Passion Play 11 day tour - August 12, 2020
Italy, France, Germany.
Major Cities Visited:
Italy: Rome. France: Paris and Versailles. Germany: Munich and Oberammergau.
- Major Tour Highlight’s: Time to do Temple work in both the new Rome Temple and the new Paris Temple. The Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Fountains of Rome, Rome Coliseum, Versailles, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Neuschwanstein Castle and the village of Oberammergau and the Passion Play.
- Michael Wilcox’s discussion on the life of Christ and the preparation for the Passion Play.
- Tour managers throughout.
- Special Guest Educator: Dr. Bernell Christensen.
- 4 star Deluxe Hotel for the Passion Play.
- Priority seating for the Passion Play.
We have people of all faiths that travel with our company. Our tours are comfortable for any faith to go with us and they love those of the Mormon faith. But they do find it odd how much, those of the Mormon Faith, enjoy seeing Mormon Temples in other parts of the world. On a recent tour with one of our groups a Baptist, that has taken many tours with us, commented to the owners of Fun For Less Tours, “Why do Mormons get so excited every time they pass a Mormon Temple? We Baptists see Baptist churches every were we go in the world, but we don’t get excited.” It is true, those of the LDS faith love their Temples. The Rome Temple, that is under construction, has created such an excitement that we have had over 1,000 people put themselves on a wait list wanting to be able to go to the Rome Temple Open House.
We feel visiting the Rome Temple during the time of the Open House would not be wise for the following reason:
- There is a limited number that can go through during the open house and we should not be taking places of those of other faiths living in Europe. This would be their only chance to see inside a special LDS Temple.
- The crowds will be gigantic. You will have to shuffle through the temple and stand 50 people deep or more in the visitors’ center. In just a few minutes you are done visiting this beautiful site.
- We felt it would be better to go after the Temple is dedicated. Take your time and enjoy a session in the Temple and do other Temple work. You will see the Temple, but in a more relaxed and sacred atmosphere and the New Visitors Center will not be crowded.
This special tour will allow those that want to visit the completed Rome Temple and the new Paris Temple, to slow down, do a session in both Temples. Add to all of this, the Study of Christ with Michael AND attend the Oberammergau’s Passion Play. We will have two full days in Rome and two full days in Paris. In addition to the few hours you spend at the LDS temples, there will be time to visit the most important tourist sites in Rome and Paris.
Here is a little information on the Rome Temple:
The resplendent interior of the Rome, Italy Temple features beautiful Italian-quarried Perlato Svevo marble on surfaces throughout the building, including floors, walls, and countertops. Magnificent floor work is featured in the baptistery and grand foyer, which reflects Michelangelo’s design at the Piazza del Campidoglio on top of Rome’s Capitoline Hill. The pattern is also seen in the sculpted off-white carpets in the Celestial and sealing rooms. The majesty of the temple is further reflected in the choice of artwork, stained glass, crown moldings, and other furnishings and finishes. The complex includes a wonderful Visitors Center that will include reproductions of Bertel Thorvaldsen’s Christus statue and the twelve apostles. The originals were sculpted in Rome and transported to Copenhagen in 1838 to stand in the National Cathedral of Denmark.
Package Price Includes:
Our Included Upgraded Passion Play Package:
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Rome.
- Transfers to and from the Rome LDS Temple.
- Tours, buses, guides, entrance fees to the Vatican Museum, the Colosseum, the many fountains and so much more.
- 2 nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Paris.
- Tours, buses, guides, entrance fees to the Notre Dame, the Louve, the Effil Tower and Versailles.
- Transfers between hotels and airports.
- Guest Educator: Bernell Christensen.
- Fun For Less Tours Staff.
Our Included in Germany and the Passion Play.
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Munich.
- Dr. S. Michael Wilcox preparation for the Passion Play.
- 2 Nights 4-Star Deluxe Hotel in Oberammergau area.
- Priority seating for the Passion Play.
- All transfers, buses, guides and entrance fees in Munich and Oberammergau.
- Breakfasts in Munich.
- Breakfasts and Dinners in Oberammergau.
Package Price: $3,995*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy.
Does not include airfare or tips.
ESTIMATED cost of airfares in 2020:
these are estimated only (they could go up or down) they
will not be available to purchase until 10 months before tour.
(round-trip) SLC to Paris - Rome to SLC: $1,500
(non-stop) Paris to Munich: $130
(non-stop) Munich to Rome: $150
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: August 12: Fly to Paris
We depart our home and travel to Paris.
Day 2: August 13: Paris
This morning after arriving into Paris we will drive to Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace. Later we will head to our hotel in Paris.
Day 3: August 14: Paris
Today will be a full day tour of Paris. On our tour of Paris, we will visit the Louvre Museum and its Mona Lisa, tour Notre Dame Cathedral, visit the Eiffel Tower and have time to explore a little on your own. We overnight again in Paris.
Day 4: August 15: Paris – Munich
This morning we will visit the Paris Temple, where you will have time to do a session. This afternoon we will fly to Munich. Upon arrival we will transfer to the hotel. (Important Note: The flight from Paris to Munich is not included in the tour price. It is $148 for this flight).
Day 5: August 16: Munich
This morning we will have the opportunity to a listen to Dr. S. Michael Wilcox talk about the life of Christ. This afternoon we will do a city tour of Munich.
Day 6: August 17: Munich
This morning we will have the opportunity to a listen to Dr. S. Michael Wilcox talk about the Passion Play. He will be going scene by scene through the play. When we are through listening to Michael Wilcox we will visit the German Alps. Late this afternoon we will check into our 4 star deluxe Passion Play hotel.
Day 7: August 18: Oberammergau
Today will be a full day in Oberammergau. We will have the morning to explore this quaint village. This afternoon will be the first half of the Passion Play. Then there will be a break for dinner, which is included. After we will return to the second half of the Passion Play. Late this evening you will return back to your hotel.
Day 8: August 19: Oberammergau – Rome
This morning we will drive back to Munich for our flight to Rome. Upon arrival into Rome, we will visit the magnificent Coliseum and the Trevi Fountain, which has been made famous by many movies including “Three Coins in a Fountain”. This evening we will check into our deluxe hotel in Rome. (Important Note: The flight from Munich to Rome is not included in the tour price. It is $153 for this flight).
Day 9: August 20: Rome
Today we will visit a separate country, Vatican City. We will visit St. Peter’s Basilica (the largest church in the world), St. Peter’s Square, the Vatican Museum, and the Sistine Chapel.
Day 10: August 21: Rome
This morning we will visit the Rome Temple, where you will have time to do a session before heading back to our deluxe hotel.
Day 11: August 22: Fly home
This morning we will drive to the airport for your flight back to the US and home. You will arrive home the same day.