2019 British Isles TourRome Temple Option 15 day tour - July 13, 2019
England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland and France.
Major Cities Visited:
Ireland: Dublin. Northern Ireland: Belfast, Giants Causeway. Scotland: Edinburgh. Wales: Conwy. England: York, Preston, Windermere, Grasmere, Liverpool, Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, Stonehenge, Windsor and London. France: Paris.
- Major Tour Highlights: Book of Kells in Dublin, Giants Causeway, one of the best coastal drives in the world along the Irish Coast, Titanic Museum in Belfast, Scottish Highlands, Glamis Castle, St. Andrews golf course, Edinburgh’s Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, Medieval walled city of York, Preston Temple, Preston, boat ride on Lake Windermere, Wales Countryside, Albert Docks in Liverpool, Conwy Castle and walled city, Stratford Upon Avon, Oxford, Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Tower of London, travel to Paris by high-speed train under the English Channel, Versailles, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, and the Paris Temple.
- Tour managers throughout.
- Special Guest Educator: Dr. David Douglas.
We have designed the perfect land tour of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England and going by high-speed train under the English channel to Paris.
A Great Choice at a GREAT price. You can see so much more on a land tour compared to a cruise. Here is a partial list of what you will see and experience that you will not get on our British Isles Cruise: The Scottish Highlands, Glamis Castle, St. Andrews Golf Course, the ancient medieval walled city of York, Preston Temple, Conwy Castle in Wales, high speed train from Edinburgh to York, High Speed Train from London to Paris UNDER the English Chanel, Paris, Versailles, Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Paris Temple and so much more.
This is a fantastic itinerary with great hotels! Tourist class is a 2 star; First class is a 3 star, Deluxe is a four-star, and luxury hotels are a 5-star. Most tour companies include tourist class or first class hotels. The quality of your hotels can make or break a tour in Europe as many 2, and 3-star hotels are old and not what an American is used to. We have handpicked our hotels that are quality 4-star deluxe hotels. We even spend our two nights in Edinburgh in the best location, right in the middle of the Royal Mile!
- In Ireland: Dublin, the Book of Kells, and the Irish countryside.
- In Northern Ireland: Belfast, The northern coast (one of the top 5 coastal drives in the world), Giants Causeway, Titanic Museum in Belfast and a flight from Belfast to Edinburgh, Scotland.
- In Scotland: Edinburgh, Edinburgh Castle, the famous Royal Mile, St. Andrews, Glamis Castle, the Scottish Highlands and a high-speed train from Edinburgh to York.
- In Wales: The Wales countryside, Conwy Castle and the walled city of Conwy.
- In England: Walled city of York, Preston, Preston Temple, Windermere Lake boat ride, Grasmere, Liver Pool, Albert Dock, Stratford Upon-Avon, Oxford, Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Windsor, Runnymede, Tower of London, London, the English countryside, high-speed train London to Paris and so much more.
- In France: Paris, Paris Temple, Versailles, Eiffel Tower, Louvre and so much more.
- If you add the Rome Temple extension, you will visit 3 temples: Preston Temple, Paris Temple, and the Rome Temple.
Package Price Includes:
Important Note: Many travel companies show a low price, but by the time you add everything in, they become expensive. Our pricing is a package that will actually give you more for less! Below we have listed what is included in our discounted package price.
- Deluxe hotels in Belfast, Edinburgh, Preston, Stratford, London and Paris.
- We stay in one of the very few hotels located right on the prestigious Royal Mile.
- 50 minute Air flight from Belfast to Edinburgh. Avoids a 9 hour bus ride to Edinburgh.
- 2.5-hour high-speed train Edinburgh to York. Avoids 8-hour bus ride.
- 2.5-hour high-speed train UNDER the English Chanel to Paris.
- All transfers to and from airports.
- All taxes and booking fees.
- Entrance fees and tours throughout.
- All tours, buses, guides and entrance fees.
- Explore the following castles: Tower of London, Windsor Castle, Edinburgh Castle, Glamis Castle and Conwy Castle.
- Special Guest Educator: Dr. David Douglas.
- Fun For Less Tours staff that travel with you throughout – “We don’t send you, we take you!”
- “Whisper Perfect” headset receivers. You will be able to hear every word clearly spoken by your guides, even when you step away from the group to take that important picture!
Optional Rome Temple Extension Cost $484*
Package Price: $3,695*
*Per person cash discount price, based on double occupancy. Does not include International air, tips or the optional Rome Temple. If someone is doing the Rome Temple optional extension it does not include airfare between Paris & Rome. The price of this internal flight is $148.
This is a partial list, and subject to change as needed to accomplish everything we can in each area we visit. We will have local guides who will make sure we see the very best in the time we have.
Day 1: July 13: Fly
This morning you will fly from the US to Dublin.
Day 2: July 14: Dublin – Belfast
The history of Ireland is deeply intertwined with Christian monasteries and the inspiring story of Saint Patrick. After we arrive into Dublin you will have time to visit Trinity College to see the most important book in Ireland – the Book of Kells and one of the most beautiful libraries in the world. You will have time to explore old Dublin and its walking streets before heading to Belfast.
Day 3: July 15: Ireland Coast
Today will be a highlight day! We begin with a drive up one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. Our destination is the Giants Causeway, one of the most remarkable geological wonders in Europe. This afternoon we return to Belfast and enjoy a short city tour before we return to our hotel.
Day 4: July 16: Edinburgh
This morning we will fly to Edinburgh. Upon arrival, we will take a stunning drive through the Scottish highlands. We will also visit St Andrews Golf course. St Andrews is considered by many “the home of golf”. There will not be time to play a round but you will be able to take some pictures and visit the pro shop. We also plan to visit Glamis Castle, the childhood home of Queen Elizabeth’s mother, before we continue on to Edinburgh. Location, location, location is what is most important in Edinburgh. We are staying in the only 5-star hotel located right in the center of the Royal Mile.
Day 5: July 17: Edinburgh
We have an entire day to enjoy Edinburgh. We will have a morning tour of the city, including Edinburgh Castle. Sir Walter Scott created the mystique of the Scottish clans here, and there is a monument to this famous Scott. Edinburgh is also the city of Greyfriars Bobby and J.K. Rowling who wrote Harry Potter from the upstairs window of a local pub. You will enjoy Edinburgh Castle and have time to walk and explore the Royal Mile before returning to your hotel at leisure as your hotel is right on the Royal Mile.
Day 6: July 18: York
This morning we will walk a short distance to the train station to take a high-speed train to York. York is one of the reasons you want to do a land tour! You cannot visit York from a cruise ship. Nowhere in northern England says ‘medieval’ quite like YORK, a city of extraordinary cultural and historical wealth that has lost little of its medieval luster! It’s medieval spider’s web of narrow streets is enclosed by a magnificent circuit of 13th-century walls. At the heart of the city lies the immense, awe-inspiring minister, one of the most beautiful Gothic Cathedrals in the world. This will be a highlight day!!! We will then drive to Preston to overnight.
Day 7: July 19: Lake District
Another reason a land tour is the best way to go. You cannot visit the Lake District from a cruise ship! This morning we will head north into the Lake District of England. This is possibly the most beautiful part of England with its lush hills and lakes. We will stop at Windermere located on Lake Windermere. From here we will take a paddle steamer boat ride. We will also visit the tiny village of Grasmere where authors like Wordsworth lived and wrote. We will then head back to Preston to overnight.
Day 8: July 20: Albert Dock – Preston
Today we will drive to Liverpool and the famous Albert Dock which were used by many immigrants as they left England for the US. We will return to Preston to do a short city tour with a photo stop at the LDS Preston Temple.
Day 9: July 21: Conwy – Stratford
This morning we are off to Northern Wales and the castle and walled town of Conwy. Built by Edward I as part of a ring of castles to cower the Welsh into Submission, Conwy stirs images of the legends of King Arthur, for Wales was the origin of the famous Camelot Stories. We will then continue to Stratford where we will overnight.
Day 10: July 22: Stratford – Oxford
We will then spend the morning exploring Stratford upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. Early afternoon we will drive to Oxford. This is the college town of C. S. Lewis, J.R.R Tolkien, William Tyndale, Lewis Carroll and Dozens of other great English thinkers. Oxford was the scene of the most famous martyrdoms in English Protestant history for it was here Archbishop Cranmer was burned at the stake along with Bishops Latimer and Ridley. It was also used in Harry Potter films. We will then head to London area where we will overnight.
Day 11: July 23: Windsor – Stonehenge
This morning we head to one of the homes of the Queen of England, Windsor Castle. We will spend much of the day exploring the castle and the surrounding old town of Windsor. We will then head to the famous rocks of ancient Stonehenge. The mysterious circle of stones that still carries the aura built into it over four thousand years ago. After we will return to the hotel.
Day 12: July 24: London – Paris
Today will be a full day tour of London that will include the famous Tower of London, a castle, prison, home of the crown jewels and the most famous execution site in Europe. Time permitting we will stop at the British Library, home to some of the greatest documents in the English language and world – from the original lyrics of the Beatles to the notebooks of Da Vinci, to the Magna Charta, to the oldest New Testament in existence. This evening we will take a high-speed train to Paris going under the English Channel. Our large suitcases will be delivered to the Paris hotel via luggage truck.
Day 13: July 25: Paris
Today will be a full day tour of Paris. On our tour of Paris, we will visit the Louvre Museum and its Mona Lisa, tour Notre Dame Cathedral, visit the Eiffel Tower and have time to explore a little on your own. We overnight again in Paris.
Day 14: July 26: Versailles
This morning we will drive to Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace. Later we will visit the Paris Temple before headed back to Paris.
Day 15: July 27: Fly Home
This morning we will transfer to the airport for our flight home.
Optional Rome Temple Extension $484
July 26: Paris – Rome
This morning we will drive to Versailles, the opulent palace of the Kings of France. We will tour the inside of the Palace. Later we will visit the Paris Temple before headed back to Paris. This evening we will fly to Rome. Upon arrival, we will transfer to our hotel. (Important Note: The flight from Paris to Rome is not included in the tour price. It is $148 for this flight).
July 27: Rome
This morning early we will visit a separate country, Vatican City. We will visit St. Peters Basilica (the largest church in the world), St. Peters Square, the Vatican Museum, and the Sistine Chapel. This afternoon we will visit the Rome Temple, where you will have time to do a session.
July 28: Rome
Today we will visit the magnificent Coliseum and the Trevi Fountain, which has been made famous by many movies including “Three Coins in a Fountain” before heading to our deluxe hotel.
July 29: Fly Home.